+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Working Out...Yes or No?

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    My schedule and leg is all out of whack right now, so the only excercise I'm getting at the moment is playing golf, which has actually worked out good for my leg and upper body. I hope to be back to my usual workout (and into that mint green speedo) by June.
    First, that's some serious workout schedule. Yikes.

And...will there be a pic of you in the mint green speedo in the What Do You Look Like thread? Or The Hottest Men thread? Whichever...I'm sure we'll look...ooo la la!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I walk on my treadmill at least 3x/week, and lift weights almost every day. I want to get a recumbent bike, too.

*pictures John on treadmill with laptop, locking threads and being snarky
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I do my treadmill about 5 times a week when the children permit~lol

I also love walking and swimming when I can too though I am on my feet all day long with the 2 little ones. I actually calculated that I don't get more than 1 hour a day on average of sitting down time.

GG, I'm a Pilates girl myself. I HATE exercise and its the only thing I can stick with. I do a combination of Pilates and Yoga about 5-6 mornings a week for about 20 minutes. That's about it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Ok I'll fess up....the only exercise I get is my job. Working on my problem feet 8-12 hours a day pretty much kills any thought of me doing more when I get home. I truly have trouble walking a lot of days, much less thinking about anything else. You mean to tell me remote controlling the tv and pointing and clicking isn't exercise Ahhh well, yep, I'll fess up first to being a total and complete couch potato.

I do various things to spice it up or I get bored. I have a recumbent bike John and I love it. I put it in front of the tv and ride it on the nights I watch reality tv. So during Survivor and Bachelor for sure and on Sunday nights. Other times I do more of a circut work out that is a bunch of stuff in short spurts for about an hour. I do weights, walking, elipticle, and crunches and stuff on the work out ball.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Ah, Libra, you stole my line. The only exercise I get is pushing the buttons on the remote. I hate hate hate exercise. Structured, I mean. I'll play some b-ball or something. I used to play softball on the lawyers league (translated from latin: reason to go to the park and drink beer), that was fun, but I am a girl, through and through. I'm just on the verge of signing up for the pilates, I've heard nothing but good about it, but I'm afraid I'll fall off the wagon, and there goes another routine into the closet. All I can say is "hats off to all of you - keep up the work, I wish I had the motivation."

I've been working out in the mornings (about 4 times a week) with my dumb bells and doing some yoga moves. (I don't think I'm going to get to it today...but maybe I can drag my but out of this chair) I walk about 3 days a week for about 45 mins, I need to get that back up to to 7 days a week (I miss my dog ) I need to keep uping the exercise.
    Last edited by nlmcp; 04-12-2004 at 07:49 AM. Reason: forgot an "ing"
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I lift weights 4 -5X a week. My company has a gym in the building where I work so I go early in the a.m. before I start work. I lift weights and when I'm feeling particularly motivated I do some cardio exercise.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I hate exercise, but I TRY to go three times a week with the husband. I'll usually spent 15min. on the bike, 10min on the treadmill, and 15min or so doing some leg and arm work. To warm up I walk some laps.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast