+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Asap!!

FORT Newbie

Help Asap!!

I've asked so many people and they have no answers for my situation....I've taken my driving test (behind the wheel) three times and i failed all three times....I went back and had to retake my permit test and I got it, but then it says that I need to wait 6 months again...is that true? or do i just go and make an appointment for another driving test without waiting another 6 months?? oh an i live in california and i'm under 18, but turning 18 in less than a month...Can any of you guys help me??????

I'd think you should check with the California DMV http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl.htm
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I know in some states they have changed the law where after you get your permit you have to wait 6 months until you can take the test to get your lisence. I don't know if this is the case in your situation though.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I live in California, and I'm thinking that if you've failed the test three times, you may need more practice. I think the 6-month rule is a good rule.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Have you asked your parents about it? They should be the ones to judge your driving skills. Just a thought.

FORT Fogey
    Another good question to ponder is exactly "why" you are failing. The tests given by most DMV's are fairly liberal so if you have failed three times, I would have to say that (in all due respect) your driving abilities must not be safe. A drivers liscence is a right - but its also an "earned" right and responsibility. I do comiserate with you that you did not pass - but the people of California are likely a bit safer as a result. And I dont mean that in a bad or sarcastic way. There are enough dangers on the road without increased, inexperienced or undertrained or underskilled drivers on the roadways.

I would suggest getting in as much practice behind the wheel as you can - in a safe enviroment like a large mall or school parking lot - after hours, and really concentrate on the areas in which you scored poorly.

Or, seek out a professional driving school. It is an expense but they will train you specifically on the areas you struggle with and they will also prepare you for your next test.

Then when your six month wait period is up, you will be more comfortable and more skilled behind the wheel.

Hang in there. Everyone struggles a little at first.

on vacation
    Is California a graduated licensing state? If it is, it could be part of the reason you have to start over.

Scratch that, I read the article that brusch so nicely supplied and it says this: "If you fail your driving test, you must wait two weeks before you can take the test again. You have three chances to pass."

I'm guessing that after 3 failed attempts, you must start over. It looks like it required you to have a minimum of 50 hours of practice driving with another valid licensed driver. 50 hours isn't really that much. As has been said, maybe you just need more practice.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

I am pretty sure that a driver's license is a luxury or a privilege; not a right. Right of passage...maybe. I passed my driving test first time and my parents still limited my time behind the wheel. I am glad that they did now. I was not the best driver but I bacame a good driver over time. Give yourself some time to become a better driver.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Feif -- beautiful av.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast