+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Love And Marriage...go Together Like A.....

Love And Marriage...go Together Like A.....

Well here we are in 2004 and nobody in the history or mankind can give us the answer to the question...WHY?, Why do men and women get married.We love ,fight, complain, make up, fight, make up, have kids, complain, divorce, remarry and we love it....or do we? Why do we get married?
    Last edited by aliasmq; 03-30-2004 at 01:44 PM.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I got married so that when I had kids I wouldn't be out numbered.

Actually, I like being married. Other then now and then it would be fun to date still, for some reason my husband seems to think I shouldn't be doing that.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I love being married and love my kids, when things go bad, you fix it and go from there.Last year I often thought why???????but my wife is so tolerable of all my B/S. I think what the hell, then we fight and I'm like whyyyyyyy????????? Marriage is an insane asylum.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I think this is going to turn sappy fast

I got married because I found the man that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, he accepted me for who I was (am). I guess in a way we also wanted to present our 'togetherness' to the world at large. We are a unit. No question. We are married, we took vows that we both take very seriously, pledging our fidelity and devotion to each other.

... besides I hated my last name and I was more than ready to trade it in

seriously.. on that note: I'm very proud to have taken my husband's last name, it's a name that we now share with our daughter who has come along to strenghten and expand our family unit.

If I had it to do all over again I would skip the big wedding (and it wasn't all that big at 120 ppl) and we would elope... then come home and have one hell of a bang up party
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    Marriage is an insane asylum.
    actually marriage is an institution

you ask your self why????? .... it could be worse, you could be asking yourself what if??
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I think this is going to turn sappy fast

I got married because I found the man that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, he accepted me for who I was (am). I guess in a way we also wanted to present our 'togetherness' to the world at large. We are a unit. No question. We are married, we took vows that we both take very seriously, pledging our fidelity and devotion to each other.

... besides I hated my last name and I was more than ready to trade it in

seriously.. on that note: I'm very proud to have taken my husband's last name, it's a name that we now share with our daughter who has come along to strenghten and expand our family unit.

If I had it to do all over again I would skip the big wedding (and it wasn't all that big at 120 ppl) and we would elope... then come home and have one hell of a bang up party
    Duxxy,too funny,But niether my wife or I like either our last names-kids do though

We skipped the big planned wedding and lost 5000 $, but we had our youngest instead on what would have been our wedding day

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Hmmm. Why do we get married? Well, for starters you don't have to play the dating games anymore. :rolleyes You don't have to worry about having your hair and make-up perfect all the time and making great impressions. You have a live-in housekeeper and cook You have somebody to slap high five to as you're passing by in the morning and evening rush with the kids. You have somebody that can completely understand the unspoken word by just the look in your eyes You can have a "quickie" and not have to worry about the ramnifications of such a thing in your single life

I could go on and on, but I'll stop.

But has anyone ever asked themselves why did I get married?

I enjoy being married. It will be 4 years in June, maybe after 15 I'll ask myself why?, but I hope not. I have to admit with 2 little ones it adds stress in the realtionship but nothing we can't handle.

I don't know...being single, not knowing where the person you're dating or making out with in a bar has been before you or where they'll be after you, etc..... I don't want to go there. (My single friends aren't much happier either, they're wondering why there's no good men out there...)

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Hmmm. Why do we get married? Well, for starters you don't have to play the dating games anymore. :rolleyes You don't have to worry about having your hair and make-up perfect all the time and making great impressions. You have a live-in housekeeper and cook You have somebody to slap high five to as you're passing by in the morning and evening rush with the kids. You have somebody that can completely understand the unspoken word by just the look in your eyes You can have a "quickie" and not have to worry about the ramnifications of such a thing in your single life

I could go on and on, but I'll stop.
    Why can't you do all that without being married?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast