+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Love And Marriage...go Together Like A.....

I agree with you totally JD. I know it's not a conventional viewpoint either, but hey, that's me. I guess my current husband's running out of wedlock time
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

LOL my husband would kick my butt if I ever introduced him as 'my first husband' LMAO
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I know someone who used to refer to his wife as his "future ex wife" and no they weren't seperated or in the midst of divorce proceedings.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I belong to the same club with VJ and Duxxy--the sense of humor is how we stay together. He drives me insane about half the time he's home, but he can always make me laugh. I really can't see us getting divorced. Me on trial for his murder--that I can picture .

Someone wise once told me the even the most ideal of companions is, at most, going to meet 80% if your needs. Over time, the 20% starts growing out of proportion as you take the 80 more for granted. Sometimes you might meet someone else to has that missing 20% down, but they won't be able to meet all those other needs you're used to.

I remind myself of this a lot--listing down all the wonderful things my husband does for me whenever I start getting riled about that 20%.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Fogey
    Why did I get married? Because I was young and idealistic and fancied myself in love. I was hoping for a friend, lover, and companion. So much for idealism. I also realize with great hindsight that I had no idea what the heck I wanted out of life at 19. I have grown so much over the last decade. Would I get married again? Because I am still idealistic enough to believe in love. Surprisingly, I'm not too jaded by past experience. I know my “Prince Charming” is out there, and I have kissed many frogs to find him....

Add me to the group who chose a convenient Wedding Date the husband could not possibly forget: Valentine's Day. Quite honestly, he never even remembered to send a card to his mother on Mother's Day without me prompting him, so I figured it was for the best to choose a day that he possibly can not forget.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    I don't believe people are meant to be together for life. I believe we are serial monogamous people. I think marriage is tradition.
    I'll agree with that JD. Before I got married I had 2 long term relationships/engagements that both of us involved in just seemed to grow out of. I think at different times in your life you need different things and that normally comes from different people. Serial monogamy, ahhh yes I like the sound of that and although it isn't necessarily the most common thing, agree with it as well.

Libs you ARE my long lost sister!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

but of course texi

FORT Regular
    For joeboy, you said your wife was having mood swings because of menopause. If she doesn't want to go to a doctor, she might be interested in this site for the Centre for Ovulation and Menstrual Cycle Research. It has a lot of good information and is non-profit.

www.cemcor.ubc.ca

+ Reply to Thread