+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Love And Marriage...go Together Like A.....

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    thats because they were out dating the wild and dangerous guys and not paying attention to the nice guys at the bars and they have moved on now.

yes. sometimes i wonder why the heck I did it. can't say i am real happy now. i know if she was to leave i could make the bills since thats all i am doing now. my paycheck to the bills and she keeps hers to spend as she wants. as for companionship....god i love menopause. lets guess what mood she will be in today. more tension than at ease around here the last few years and she won't see a doc for help . :deadhorse

That's too bad that you're not truly happy. How many years have you been married?

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Sure I poke fun at him in the 'drive me crazy' thread but those are really small, inconsequential things.. perfection is a state of mind right? The truth of the matter is he's simply wonderful and I couldn't see myself with anyone else.. and I don't see that changing any time soon.

About the same here. I think we just happen to belong together, my husband and I. We lived together for 6 years before we got that piece of paper to notify the authorities, so the paper hardly changed our relationship in any way. Just that he has that ring in his finger to mark him my property
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

because some people don't get divorced and their lives are better when shared with the person they married...
    "I can hear the silence. Of what we used to be. And I can see the sign. of what you want to be."

My husband's philosophy of marriage: Maximum opportunity to have fun.

Tirlittan & Duxxy, I'm in the same club - lived with my boyfriend for 6 years, then got married - 9 years ago now. (Ugh, I hadn't realized what a fogey I am!)

We'd only been dating for 2 months when my boyfriend told me we were going to get married. We were both 19 at the time and I was horrified. I sputtered out that I didn't want to get married until I was 25. He thought about it, and said, okay, when you turn 25 we're getting married. And that's what we did.

Actually tying the knot wasn't too important to me, but now the thought of us not being married and still just boy/girlfriend sounds horrible to me. The fact we're together is really a given. I've noticed some people are just happy as married folks and some aren't.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    That's too bad that you're not truly happy. How many years have you been married?
    lived together for a year and now married going on 8 in june. but she has changed and taken over the house and yard, it's all, "I want this done or i want to do this" and i am expected to do it, no help from her. I feel like I have turned into her slave, not partner or companion

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    lived together for a year and now married going on 8 in june. but she has changed and taken over the house and yard, it's all, "I want this done or i want to do this" and i am expected to do it, no help from her. I feel like I have turned into her slave, not partner or companion
    My husband would just look at me and laugh if I demanded that stuff from him. Our good senses of humor has been the glue in our marriage. It'll be 14 years next month. I was 18 and he turned 19 that day (I know, it was very young). We got married on his birthday so he can never give me the excuse of forgetting our anniversary. He doesn't have to worry though because I still give him two gifts.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

VJ - our anniversary is 1/1 so that it can't get forgotten. We're not the only ones!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

We shacked up for 6 years prior to getting married. Like I said, I like being married, there are things about it that annoy me but it has it's advantages. Luckily my husband and I have the some odd quarky sense of humor that most other people don't get at all.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I don't believe people are meant to be together for life. I believe we are serial monogamous people. I think marriage is tradition.

Looks like you might have some company in this thread JD

My husband would laugh his butt off if I made him a honey-do list and just expected him to carry it out. Like VJ, humour is the cornerstone of our marriage - that and the fact that we made a conscious decision to NEVER (and I mean Never) fight over money has kept us sane and living harmoniously... ok and there is the other little fact that we are on opposite shifts with no days off together so the time we do have together is sacred.. I guess that could be a contributing factor too.
    The bottom line is I don't expect more from my husband than I am willing to give myself.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread