+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Love And Marriage...go Together Like A.....

I need to clarify that we are dealing with some things that have happened to our family and can't agree on how best to handle these things. We always tend to have differing opinions on matters and can either reach a compromise or agree to disagree. That's not the case here. It's frustrating because it is a serious situation and I wish we could pull together rather than apart. I don't think our marriage is in trouble over this. Hopefully, things can be resolved before that happens. We faced some pretty rocky times a few years ago. Our marriage nearly ended then and we bounced back. So, surely this is will work out! I just needed to vent a little and had no where else to go! Thanks canuckinchile and those of you who PMed me.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

good luck Lidago. dealing with family issues can be so hard. Is there any point that you can agree on in the issue, or is it something you can drop for a little while and then come back to when you are both calmer?
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

We've agreed to put it all on the back burner for now since we're going to my mom's for the rest of the week. Maybe 4 days will change our perspectives on things.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Sometimes time is the best thin gto help cool down a hot topic. Maybe you could take a few minutes to write down a few options on how to resolve the problem(s) you are having and include the pros and cons. then when you get to the point where you are ready to discuss things ( instead of growling from seperate corners ) you can approach hubby with " I don't wan tthis to come between us anymore so I though long and hard about it and wrote down some ideas so I wouldn't forget " Alot of times if you are able to do that ( and maybe jot down some of his thoughts ) and you can both discuss the pros and cons of each situation you can get through it. It won't be easy ( from the sound of it ) but maybe you can work it out together and then come to a comprimise. I know sometimes it seems like the problem is insurmountable and this might really be the end but taking a time out to cool off might be the best thing for you both. You guys have too much at stake to let this ruin it. If you love and respect each other no problem is too big to handle. As long as you can work through it together. ( easier said than done, I know, but if you can get it to work it's great). Best of luck lildago. Hope to see you posting some good news soon!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

+ Reply to Thread