+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: High Speed, Baby!

High Speed, Baby!

I'm so happy. Most of you know, because I live in the arse end of nowhere, I have no access to high speed connection like cablemodem or DSL. Also, because the underground phone lines are wired in a crappy way, I can only dial up at a max speed of 28.8k (half the speed of you 56k'ers).

Well anyway, over the last month, Ameritech has changed some things, and I'm now eligible for DSL!

So, I'm signing up right NOW. I'll be high-speeding it again, like I was in Florida!

Sleeping with George W
    Congrats, John. You are gonna LOVE it!

Woohoo! Maybe one day I will be able to get DSL too! You would think that anyone living in Dallas would be able to, but NOOOOO! I live in townhomes with a home owners' ASSociation that cannot agree to get DSL on the grounds. It would cost too much and the other home owners do not want it cause they are sooo old that the closest thing they have to a computer is their coffee maker. I have nothing against the elderly in general, just the ones who will not let others move forward with technology while they are still sticking stamps on envelopes to send their mail.

Ok, ok, I know, they live on a limited income. Give the seniors a little break. I still want my DSL. I will have to move before I can get it though.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Congrats John! It's one of those things you don't even notice how great it really is until you use a dial-up connection after having high speed, eh?

Even up here we have it.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Excellent John, I would hate to have dial up.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Holy cow -- I can't imagine how many posts John is going to rack up now that he's at full speed!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I know...Except I'll still have to reboot about 6 times a day like I do now. I really need more memory. After about an hour of having multiple screens open and surfing like a madman, my computer slows to a crawl.

Hmmm....More memory Santa? Oh, and Santa, as long as you're shopping at the computer store, bring me one of those mice like Bill just bought!

congrats john!!!

and btw...i'm getting one of those mice just like bill got...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I just realized from your post John that I am going to be stuck on probably a 28k connection over the holidays (when I even have access to a computer)!!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Why's that, BF? Traveling?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast