+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: High Speed, Baby!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yep...once you get the high speed, you'll never be able to go back. (it's just like Tivo! )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I'm settling in nicely to my high-speed life. It's so pleasant when the phone rings while I'm surfing the net. Plus, by the time I turn my computer on and get my coffee poured, I'm ready to go.

Wow...I think Joey and I are definitely gonna have to look into getting DSL...and soon!

Get cable instead Lo! That way you don't have to worry about distance.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

What do you mean..."worry about distance"?

To be eligible for DSL, you have to be closer than 12,000 miles to your local telephone junction. About 2 miles. And they SAY that transmission speed slows over distance from that junction. But I think it's more pronounced with ISDN than DSL.

Cable, if you can get it, is a little slower, and if you've got RoadRunner then God help you, but a little easier and most of the time cheaper.

I had RoadRunner before Cox Cable instituted their own and it rocked! We had it for over a year. Cox is just as good as far as I can tell....

Well, I have CyberMesa, but I think it bought out Roadrunner or something (at least in this area...the "Roadrunner" name sounds familiar to me, and I seem to remember something in the booklet that we got when we signed up w/ Cybermesa that "@roadrunner.com" was one of the e-mail addresses Cybermesa "now served"...). Anyway, we got an e-mail several weeks/months ago saying that we had been "approved" for DSL, so I guess we're within the distance requirements.

Good luck either way Lo!

Excellent, Lobeck! I hope you make the switch, although it runs contrary to your "saving money" resolution.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast