+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: High Speed, Baby!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    ! Well that's good to hear. You had me scared there for a minute about my future "home"
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

good for you John, we had to go back to dial up when cable got too expensive and I miss is so much. Can hardly wait to get back on cable.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Cable IS more expensive, but if you figure the cost of the second line that most people use and the cost of your ISP for dialup, it usually comes out about even.

As for us chumps with only one phone line, the cost of my wife being able to use the phone any time she wants without having to come in here and bug me to get off it will be priceless

Our unlimited access is $43 Canadian a month.
    I like that deal a lot as we had dial up in the UK and you have to pay for local calls there so the bill was always huge.
    "That's Numberwang!"

That's right, I forgot you have to pay for local calls in the UK. This must be a bargain for you.

My DSL (SBC/Yahoo's new arrangement) is $39.95 per month (US), and the $50 activation fee is waived right now. Considering I'm paying $21.95 per month for my ISP, and am forced to use my cellphone for business calls during the day, I'm actually saving money.

And also considering the fact that I was going to go with the 2-way satellite soon, at a cost of $600 for installation and $60 a month, it's a huge savings.

Wow, this is a great deal for you.
    The cable companies are always offering deals here, such as waiving the activation fee or x amount of months free.

You can nearly always work out a good saving with them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, I also can't ignore the fact that it's a business expense for me as well, since I work from home and the internet is necessary for the performance of my job.

And one of my clients on the horizon is sure to be requiring me to have high-speed connection...So it's just good business.

Guess who just installed his DSL modem and stuff, and is connected at a screamin' high speed? MEEE!

congrats on your faaaaaaaaast service!

*beep beep!!*

Oooh, it's wicked faaaast, too. I'm so happy. My DSL wasn't supposed to be turned on until the 20th, but our phone service cut out for about 20 minutes today, so I wondered. Then UPS brought my toy to me at dinner tonight, and I figured what the heck...Hooked it up, and was I surprised when the little green light went on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast