+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: High Speed, Baby!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yep, going to the boonies In fact, I just realized we leave NEXT Friday!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Well, at least you'll still be around when the finale of Survivor and TAR happens

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yay John !!! I know how painful it must have been to go dialup after high speed.
    Poor BF - its only temporary

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    While I'm thrilled for John, I'm still one of those that lives in a backwater town with no DSL connections. Of course, when it's finally available, I'll be forced to have the same kind of discussion I had with Mrs. Wayner when I tried to explain to her why our Pentium I 200mHz PC wasn't fast enough for us.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Um, what Wayner?! I thought Paulie had confirmed for me that there was indeed both cable modem access and DirecTV access.....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Yeah, Wayner. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?!?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    welcome to the 20th century John (and yes, I do realize that it is now the 21st century).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I tend to make big leaps in technology. I jumped from a Pentium 100 to a Pentium 900, and the next one I get will be at least 2.7ghz...It just takes me a while in between jumps, until my hardware is so old it barely runs any more. Basically, when I buy some software that will no longer run on my old computer, I buy a new one

I just wish our cable company (who has gone through 3 owners and finally landed with Charter) would get off their butts and re-wire our area for their Pipeline service, and digital cable, and add MTV, E!, Comedy Central, and the Food Network to their offerings.

I'd gladly trade the Discovery Wings channel and a couple of our bible-thumpers for those.

still no DSL action in these parts... 56K is fione for me though
    Maybe because I've never surfed on a comp with DSL...
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Hi Bravo,

Paulie lives in the booming metropolis of Fort Collins. I live in quaint little Loveland. But you're right, I do have access to cablemodem or DirecTV. We even have regular DirecTV, I'll have to research that option more. Of course, if Mrs. Wayner makes me choose between internet access via DirecTV or my NHL Center Ice package, we all know I'm keeping hockey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast