+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let's Be Romantic ;)

Let's Be Romantic ;)

So, how did you meet your significant other (if you have one)? How long have you been together? Any sweet or funny stories to share?

I met Mr. Feifer on AOL in a Dallas chat room. We had each lived in Dallas only 10 miles away from each other for 2 years. We talked for a long time online and then over the phone and then we finally met for Chinese food. We ordered way too much and he made me promise to go to his house every night until we ate all the chinese food up. It took a week and we were hooked on each other for life. That was in Feb of '97 and we got married in Dec of that year. Five years Dec 6th. We have sooo many funny stories and I cannot think of one right now. We are constantly laughing till we cry or run out of breath. Love that wacky man!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Well based on the title of the thread, I expected to find something else in here.... I'll be backing away quietly now...

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill- yeah, I'm known for being misleading.

Feif- very sweet story! Online relationship success stories are always nice.

Oh, here's mine.

As you know, I'm a sophmore at NYU. On the 2nd day of classes my freshman year, I was in an 8:00 a.m. business class. (How do you say boooorrrrinnnggg ) Anyway, once I got there, this incredibly cute guy came and sat down beside me. Now, I was a little groggy- hey I love my sleep. Anyway, after a minute he tapped me on the shoulder and said "Fat penguin." And I said "What? I'm sorry..." (I thought I'd heard him wrong LOL) and he said "Sorry, just needed something to break the ice." Now, isn't that cute? I thought it was creative. Less than a month later, we were "official." So, as of TODAY it's been 1 year and 3 months.

It was my junior year at Stanford (1990). The RA's on our floor advertised that everyone should go over to the big Stanford Centennial Celebration in the Inner Quad as a group. Upper-class dorm so not very many people actually showed up. Just me with my friends and her with her friends. She balanced on one foot when she shook my hand and told me her name. That was cool. I noticed right away she was the funniest woman I'd ever met. She is still the funniest woman I've ever met.

Another interesting part of the story is that my roommate was interested in her first. That led to some fascinating discussions and stuff. But that's another story.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I met my husband at a New Years Eve party. I was not really attracted to him at first, but at the stroke of midnight he grabbed me unexpectedly and kissed me Happy New Year and the rest is history.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    My story is actually similar to Feif's. I placed a personal ad on AOL. I met quite a few women through the ad, but the eventual Mrs. Wayner was the one that just seemed to "click" - at least the only one where the clicking wasn't dentures. I placed the ad in October of 1998. We exchanged email and chatted online until December, talked on the phone in January of 1999, and finally met for mexican food in late January. We were engaged in April (I took her to dinner at that same Mexican restaurant, then later hid the ring in the letter bag when we were playing Scrabble) and married on October 16, 1999. It was the only day that October that it snowed; it snowed just enough to make everything look beautiful, but not so much that all the out of state relatives couldn't drive.

Like Feif and Paulie, my wife makes me laugh more than any woman I've ever known. Mrs. Paulie is pretty darned funny, though.

Very sweet stories, guys.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I met Mr. BF the summer between my freshman and sophmore year in college at a party of one of my sorority sisters who stayed in town for the summer.

We clicked instantly and spent about 20 hours every day together for the next several months. We officially "broke up" the summer before our senior years and started dating other people, then went our own directions post college but always remained best friends. Then about a year after college Mr. BF moved to the DC area and we became roommates as we both needed a place to live at the same time. About a year later we started dating again and got engaged pretty soon after that. (and we've been married now for 6 years even though our first date was 13 years ago )

And he's still my best friend in the world.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast