+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Let's Be Romantic ;)

Leo
    Premium Member
    Amazing stories everyone. Wish I had one to tell, but I don't.

Hmmm. My wife and I worked together in a department store, and we also went to the same high school (although she wasn't in my class). We started dating, and did that for about 4 years, and then we got married. Been married 11.5 years now. Wow, how romantic

cute storys.

I've known my boyfriend since I was little but, never liked him much. He was just a pain in the ass. He's a few years younger than me and I hung out with older people always. I never paid him much attention. I was 2 grades ahead of him in H.S and he tried talking to me and I thought it was a joke. I just didn't like "his kind" (a jock)

He use to do really dumb things to try and get my attention which made me wanna hurl.

A little over a year ago I was laid off from a job I loved and feeling very down. Went into my "Cheers" bar and saw him and said hello and he asked what was wrong.

I proceeded to cry on his shoulder and we've been together since.

Him and I know all the same people and hung out in all the same spots for years but, I just had no interest in him.

Or, I was married then with a serious boyfriend so, just wasn't looking.
    I wasn't looking the night we hooked up but, he was there for me and it's been pretty good since.

Funny how one door closes and another opens.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    When I was sr in high school a new girl moved in an asked if anyone wanted to write to her brother in the service. I did and we wrote to each other for about six months when he was wounded and the letters stopped. The next time I heard from him he was on my doorstep and that was all she wrote. Four weeks later we were married and have stayed that way for almost 35 years despite the misgivings of family and friends.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

That's a romantic story

Four weeks later we were married and have stayed that way for almost 35 years despite the misgivings of family and friends.
    I had to deal with that too...and still am... just because we hadn't been together for that long before we got together... (like you graci) ... Sometimes... when it's right, it's right!
    I think when writing to people or typing online ya find out more about a person because you get so BRAVE when you can't see the other person that you spill your guts out alot easier than face to face... (my experience anyways so when its time to meet face to face a lot of the footwork in the relationship has already been done

Wish people would spend the time being happy & positive & move on instead of waiting for things to wrong so they can say "See I told you so" ...
    (they're gonna be wasting a lot of time lol)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

jin
    Well, I guess it wasn't the fairytale beginning since we met in a club, and I was out with a guy he knew. He had just taken home his date and had come out to play pool. He was so sweet, and showed me pictures of his little girl. We happened to run into each other about a week later at a local service station, and I met the real live little girl, who is now my lovely step-daughter after 11 yrs. of marriage.
    That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
    Dorothy Parker

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Wyndemere you're right about the writing part. When I finally met him, it was like I'd known him for years and I knew even before that, that he was the one. We would have gotten married sooner if I'd had my way, but it took me a little while to get him to see the light.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456