+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let's Be Romantic ;)

aww nancy, thanks for making me feel better! we aren't ho's... we just have great chemistry!

Sher- exactly.

(Trust me, I have met several people that same way. Unfortunately I was already in a friggin' commited relationship. )

Mr

Originally posted by shersidhe
    aww nancy, thanks for making me feel better! we aren't ho's... we just have great chemistry!
    That's right, Chemistry explains everything.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Newbie
    I happened upon her at friend's house. She was on the front porch eating a peach. I watched as she sensuously took each bite and slowly sucked in the sweetness of the fruit. I noticed a small drop slowly run down her chin to her neck. I followed that drop until it stopped invitingly just above her ample bosoms. That drop of sweetness seemed suspended in time. Inviting me forward, yet mocking me just the same. I hesitated and felt myself uh....rising.....to my feet. I approached. I had to speak to this woman. I had to know her. I wanted her. I could feel my pulse quicken and a deep, profound yearning. I had to have her. I began to speak.....

Oh, who am I kidding? I was at a bar....got drunk and fell on her.

Welcome Casey! Thanks for sharing your story.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

right on, casey! sounds like you are "romantic" just like duckgirl and me!

to fort!

I'm resurrecting this thread cuz it's great. Hope you all don't mind.

I met my hubby in 7th grade. We weren't really friends I would say. We had every class together. His best friend, in the middle of social studies class, raised his hand and said "Do you know that (hubby's name) likes (my best friend's name)?" Poor guy was really embarrassed. That was my first memory of him.

We didn't meet again until after college when we were both stuck at home with no money. A friend of ours told us we should hang out. We did, but I was involved in a long distance relationship at the time. Hubby didn't care though, he knew I would come to my senses.

And happily I did! We've been together for over 4 years and married for a year and a half.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Great stories in here!

Here's mine: I met Mr. Spegs at church when I was four. I don't remember it too clearly, but I'm sure there were fireworks.

Actually, despite the fact that we saw each other about twice a week from age 4 to age 18, we probably never spoke four words to each other in 14 years. He dated all my friends, too, which we have spoken about. He maintains that subconsciously he knew I was the one, and he didn't want to get married too young, so he put off getting to know me. On the other hand, if someone had told me when I was 12 that I would marry Mr. Spegs, and that there was no alternative, I would have jumped off a tall building. (When I was 14, some girlfriends and I made a list of the top ten worst mother-in-laws we could ever have, and my present mother-in-law was the top of every list--and we were right).

Anyway, we went our seperate ways when we came of age, and then two years later, when I was 20 and he was 21, I came home from college for the summer and got a job in the office of the employment agency he worked for. My first day was a payday, and he came in for his check. It took a second for both of us to figure out who that attractive stranger was. And then he asked me out, and we pal'd around for about a month (I wasn't looking for romance since I'd just broken off another engagement that spring). Then he decided that he loved me, and proposed 37 times over 3 months before I finally said yes. Persistance is definitly one of his character traits. And for 8 1/2 years now I've had a great husband, who does dishes and cleans bathrooms, finds all the same things funny that I do, loves our three beautiful little boys, and the worst mother-in-law this side of the Mississippi.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Here's another online success story... inter-continental :-)
    (I think I typed this up before somewhere lol, but I dont mind repeating THIS particular story!

I was in University, I was really far away from home (Norway has 4 universities so most people have to go far away from home to attend one...) ... so anyways, I found my way online & to IRC to chat with my friends back home.
    Well our IRC channel, #Norway, consisted mostly of norwegian students, but there was one American clowning around in there as well. Since him & I are both real chatty we naturally started chatting & got to know each other. However we were just friends, nothing more really, until I started studying "American politics" & I needed his help with some term papers.

(my teacher was a very liberal American and I only got the liberal side of things in class, so I went to my American online friend to get more information for my paper....)

Well, inbetween talking Clinton and judiciary systems and superior court and campaign ads, other topics came up & we became really close. At first I didnt really dare admit that I was feeling something for him because we were 5000 miles apart, so I figured that was too much!
    Eventually we couldn't deny that we were in love however, it was inevitable & when we finally admitted it to each other, we decided that after I finished University I would travel to California and meet him.

We tried not to have any expectations, we even made alternate arrangements for living quarters for me etc, incase we didnt work out the way we were hoping. However, January 15th, the moment I got off the plane & saw him waiting for me, I just knew....
    Already on the way home from the airport he put his hand on my leg and I almost jumped ten feet in the air LOL.
    February 14th he proposed to me, he had even had a diamond ring made for me without my knowledge (he did it perfectly!! I love it) and February 23rd we were married in Las Vegas.

We had three weddings... The Las Vegas one we "eloped" to so I could start my immigration paperwork (not that it mattered in the long run...) ... then later we went to Norway & had a Norwegian wedding for my friends & family, and finally an official Californian wedding for HIS friends & family.

Been married for 5 years now... yes that's right, I stuck around even after I got my greencard!! lol. Next year I'll be able to apply for citizenship as well & I'll be the happiest American in the world! lol

Happy happy joy joy ... that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

That really is an amazing story Wyndemere! I can't believe the two of you were so brave. Congratulations on making it work!
    Who shot who in the what now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast