+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let's Be Romantic ;)

I met my husband March of 1982 at Michigan Technological Univ when I walked into the frat house bedroom he just moved into for spring quarter thinking my male friend from high school was in there. I liked my future husband so much and thought he was so cute and funny I fixed him up with another friend from high school (female) as I had a boyfriend. That date apparently didn't work out well but I still liked him so much that about 2 months later after about 4 dozen "chance" meetings, I dumped my boyfriend and we dated until I moved 300 miles away 4 months later to finish college somewhere else, then we sort of dated long distance until we both graduted 2 years later, lived together for 6 years and got married (actually we decided to get married in 1985, it just took us until 1990 to actually do it)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    That is a very cool story, Bravo. Of course, if you started dating 13 years ago, that means you were like 12 when you started going out, right?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Close Wayner
    I was only 19 --just a young pup!

Hey, I like being 32.

In fact, I was really so excited to turn 30 everyone thought I was nuts!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

And I should add, any time we have a fight my husband will say "remember, you chased me, you dumped a perfectly good boyfriend for me, you had a chance to lose me when you moved so far away." and I remember that he is still cute and funny.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

My guy & I are getting married after 8 (nearly 9) years of being together Wedding is Christmas day. Not long to go! I was 15 & he was 19 when we started seeing each other.

amna, so exciting! I hope your wedding is everything you dream of. Mine was! It is still one of the top four best days of my life. The others are meeting Mr. Feifer and the births of both of my kiddos.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

These are lovely stories.
    Congratulatins Amna.
    Hope the wedding and your new marriage will both be wonderful.

I met my husband at high school.
    We have been together for 20 years.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    Mr. Eden and I are yet another "met on the Internet" success story. We met through Match.com, an online dating service. I joined it in June, dated about a dozen guys throughout that summer. Mr. Eden and I started e-mailing one another in September, but he didn't actually ask me out until November (I finally said HEY, this is a DATING service not a PENPAL service!).

We had our first date on Nov. 8, 2001 and it was magical, mystical love at first sight and that feeling of finally being "home." We got engaged two weeks later and married on Jan. 11, 2002. We'll soon celebrate our one-year anniversary and we are disgustingly happy.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Wow! I had never heard a "met on the Internet story"!

These are so cool!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

uh... i'm not sure if mine can be classified as romantic.

i was at a club with my girl friend, cc. we walked in and there was this yummy guy up on stage dancing. he had a great body, gorgeous blue eyes and a killer smile. i turned to cc and said, "give me a minute. that one's mine." i smiled at him, started dancing and about 2 minutes later, he was off stage dancing with me... but we didn't speak. after about 5 minutes he walked away (we still didn't say anything) and cc turned to me and started rubbing her arms on me saying, "i want some of that mojo!!" anyway, cc, sc (my bf) and i went to breakfast after (no, we didn't go home together and alllllllll i got was a very sweet goodnight kiss.) he gave me his number and we've been together for over 2 years now.

how romantic, huh? a couple of players both seeing if they could gettum sum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast