+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Command Post

just above the horizon, but below the ozone

The Command Post

WE HAVE SEEN WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE, SO LETS SEE WHERE YOU SPEND ALL THAT QUALITY TIME. THE COMPUTER SPOT IN YOUR HOUSE.

here is mine in the corner of the dinning room. the little fluff in the lower left is Ponsonby, my mini aussie, upper left. two antigue radios and the scanner and box with all my toys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

FORT Newbie
    No one gonna see my mess, I can barely walk in to sit down, much less take a pic...

Don't know how to post pictures, but mine is in the corner of my bedroom. I have a TV on the opposite wall, so I've positioned a make-up mirror beside my monitor so I can watch my reality shows at the same time.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'm sitting on a desk in our home office, surrounded by Aragorn figures and miniature police cars... I just cleaned my desk so I should probably take a picture but I'm too lazy to go get the camera
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    My computer is set up in my bedroom.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I call my computer center "the bridge" (and I'm not even a geek). I am in the living room, the tv on one end of the room and the sofa at the other end. My "bridge" is operated from the corner facing diagonally so I can see as much of the apartment as is possible. I have every necessity (or non-necessity) within arms' reach. You'll have to use your mind's eye on this one, no way am I posting a picture of this mess. I even have an "office" in the back bedroom, with my PC and everything else set up all nice and tidy, but this laptop has taken over.
    Last edited by J.D.; 03-25-2004 at 07:12 AM.

FORT Fogey
    I have mine set up in my bedroom... Before I had this one, I used to use my parents computer upstairs next to the ancient tv (you know how they say "don't touch that dial"? That applies to this television) With a VCR, I could watch reality tv and talk about it, but now, I can't stand how slow that computer is, and so I watch tv, then chat about it later

My computer's also in my bedroom, and usually so piled up with junk I won't show it off here Suffice to say it's piled high with CD's and nail polish.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Mine is in kitchen/den, den end. I have this grand plan to turn a closet in den into a computer station, but it might take a few more years of planning... 99% of the time the desk is a lovely mess, I am far from domestic goddess, so a closet with doors would be nifty to create an illusion of order when needed.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    I have a Dell desktop at work and a Dell notebook that I got thru work - but I never use it for anything work related....mostly I sit on the couch at home and watch TV with it.

Oh yeah, and I also have an e-machines desktop at home in my living room....don't laugh it's actually been a pretty good 'puter. Much better than the old compaq I had.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast