+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Gifts We Got!

Sleeping with George W

Great Gifts We Got!

Well, I'll start this thread early ... since I got one of my presents last night.

Hubby got me a five-foot high statue of Lord Shiva for the garden. It is awesome! Very contemplative and calming. I've wanted something like this for the longest time.

Funniest thing, though ... our two dogs are totally tripping on it. They both stand away from it and bark at it like crazy and will not go near it. I walked up to it and petted it and said "good Shiva, good," but they don't care ... they're barking non-stop. Heh -- I'm sure the neighbors are loving it.

Last weekend was my Anniversary(5th). Hubby and I went to a Bed and Breakfast in Fort Worth. We walked all around the city and had a great time. Our room was the one featured in the brochure. It had a king sized bed, a kitchen and a private bath. Soo nice. Breakfast was a wonderful full meal....no continental breakfast there. Take a look at the web site and you will see our room on the bottom right corner of the pic.

Etta's Place B&B

Not a Christmas gift but a great gift.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    Well being a single mom and all,, I sort of play santa for myself.. so he surprised me with a surround sound, and a great new purse.. they are under the tree

Cool, Feif! Happy 5th!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Thanks Paulie! It has been a great 5 years! Lookin forward to many more.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Since my wife & I don't usually get anything for each other for Christmas, we decided this year that we needed a digital camera, so we went out and bought one together. Thanks, honey!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Man, FG, I hope Santa surprises me with surround sound! Very cool!

Eden, I'm just a poor schmuck from the midwest. Who the heck is Lord Shiva? Any relation to the patron diety of priracy - Lord Shiva Me Timbers? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Let's see, great gifts I've received in years gone by? I'm not very good at remembering stuff like that, but here are some that I do remember:

- This year my wife and I gave each other a new basement. We had about 1,100 sq ft of our basement finished, giving us 50% more room - just in time for our family to expand into. It's where I'd like Santa to bring the surround sound!

- Last year my wife gave me a 3/4 length black leather jacket from Eddie Bauer. It is such a cool jacket that when I wear it, even I look cool.

- When I was 5 my dad spent months in the neighbor's garage building an HO train layout for me, complete with the Disneyland Santa Fe Railroad train and cars (I still have the train and cars in the basement somewhere.) I was floored and spent probably 15 minutes looking over all the detail. Of course, I saw it at 5am before I was supposed to go out and look at presents. So, when my folks got me up I saw it and said "Wow, a train." and walked right past it to see what else I got. Dad was crushed.

- When I was 10, a friend of our family gave me the entire Narnia series by C.S. Lewis. I loved them! They made a big enough impression that I still remember getting them for Christmas.

I'm buying my wife half of a PS2 and she's buying me the other half. We're telling our daughter it's for her so we're getting 3 gifts for the price of one

The best gift I ever got was a high powered hunting rifle. I knew then it was my dad's way of saying "son I think you are a man now." In 20 years I never shot a thing with it, but it means a hell of a lot to me as a symbol.

i got my xmas gift december 1st. i had gone to austin to visit my friend. my bf called to tell me he bought me a christmas gift that would be waiting for me when i got home sunday night.

when i walked in the place i noticed he left the tv on. i thought, "oh how nice! he left the tv on so the dog wouldn't get lonely." then i realized... new tv. bow on top. new surround sound. new paul mccartney dvd "back in the us" playing. loudly.

Sleeping with George W
    Wayner ... Lord Shiva is the third member of the Hindu Trinity, the other two being Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu. He represents the aspect of the Supreme Being that continuously dissolves to recreate in the cyclic process of creation, preservation, dissolution and recreation of the universe. He is the Lord of mercy and compassion. He protects devotees from evil forces such as lust, greed, and anger. He grants boons, bestows grace and awakens wisdom in His devotees.

whew ... and as a statue he's really cool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast