+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Great Gifts We Got!

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    Well,............... :rolleyes I wasn`t supposed to find this out, but my car wouldn`t start Yesterday, so my husband let me drive his truck and I kinda mentioned to him I love this red Dale Earnhardt jacket, ..................

And in his truck there was receipt for the exact same price as this jacket, so I think I`m going to get it!! WOO HOO!!! I`m so excited but SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don`t tell anyone.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Gooot IT!! .......................WOO HOO!!! The jacket was waiting for me till the very end, and believe me. It was hard not to look too excited like i actually knew what was in it!! But here it is.....

But the best part of Christmas for me was to surprise all the girls at work with Christmas gifts for their kids...It made me so happy to be able to help them out like that. I could imagine the happy smiles,...then then driving their parents nuts!! with the loud cars going and flipping amd the other noisy toys.....That was the best thoughts!!!
    And my son spent 50.00 of his own money for us this holiday season, which is pretty good, since he doesn`t have a job yet. Just his savings money. What a boy!!!

My favorite gift has been some really comfy and warm slipper/socks things that one of my employees gave me. It sounds wierd, but this guy is pretty much clueless buying for women and he done GREAT! They're really soft (like a chenille material) and have been worn every night...and extra bonus that he remembered that I love purple and (what I call) lizard green, so I have my purple sock thingeys and a new pretty green top from him.

I also got some really thoughtful dvd's...my yearly "must see's" at holidays. Every year at Halloween I like to watch The Crow series and The Nightmare Before Christmas so now I have all of those as well as A Christmas Story. My friends said that I'd always be able to think of them when I watched those since they knew I'd do it every year. I thought it was great that they remembered me mentioning that and wanted me to have them in dvd format (since they'd just gotten me a dvd player for my birthday).

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Plus we are 10 weeks away from having a baby..and thats the best present ever!
    Tallulah, it just seems like yesterday you told us you were expecting. I can't wait for pictures of the baby. I sure hope you share them with us.

This was the 1st Christmas I was unable to return to N.O. for Christmas. Of course it snowed and I missed it. I also missed seeing my family. I couple of weeks ago I told my best friend how much my Mother loved Hersey Kisses. The Christmas after my Dad died I bought special stockings for us and filled hers with kisses and a couple of other things. She had been very upset b/c she due to her own health problems she was unable to do anything special for me that Christmas. She always wanted some sort of Santa surprise. She was so overwhelmed b/c Santa surprised her that year. My Mother passed away a couple of years ago and I still miss her terribly. My friend went to hand me a present and told me not to cry b/c it was from my Mom in her memory. If course I started immediately. I opened it and it was a large Hersey Kiss. Her Mother is a good friend of mine. I'm right in the middle agewise b/t the two. This is a family that is together almost every night of the week. I am considered family just as much as if I had been born into it. My big gift from her Mother was a generation chest. It's beautiful. She said that she knew I had a number of sentimental things from my Mom and she wanted me to have someplace special for them. Overall it was a very emotional night for me. I was missing my "real" family while enjoying being with my adopted family. I came home with a carload of presents and so much love in my heart.

toothdoc

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    My great gift? Getting to spend the day with my grandchildren.
    Ditto. Tornado Bailee in her pink ostritch cowboy boots (spurs included) and McKenna all in pink just as happy as can be. At least Kenners is still slow enough we can see her - Bailee's figured out how to run faster than the speed of light - and it just doesn't get any better.

Oh, and a really cool flamingo "piggy" bank to save up for fortcon!

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    My big gift from her Mother was a generation chest. It's beautiful. She said that she knew I had a number of sentimental things from my Mom and she wanted me to have someplace special for them. Overall it was a very emotional night for me. I was missing my "real" family while enjoying being with my adopted family. I came home with a carload of presents and so much love in my heart.
    Oh, ToothDoc, what an emotional night you had, huh? My parents have both passed away, so I understand how important it is that you can spend time with such a wonderful family. I love the idea of the generation chest....what a thoughtful gift. I have my mom's cedar chest from the 1950's, and it is probably my favorite possession of hers.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I got a TIVO for Christmas!!! It's the best thing! I have always heard that it can change your tv viewing experience but that, IMO, is an understatement. It has a lot functions and is relatively easy to install and use. My other way of recording programs took a lot of space on my hard drive. Now I have something that does that along with being able to pause live tv. I know, I know, I'm a little behind.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Ditto. Tornado Bailee in her pink ostritch cowboy boots (spurs included) and McKenna all in pink just as happy as can be. At least Kenners is still slow enough we can see her - Bailee's figured out how to run faster than the speed of light - and it just doesn't get any better.

Oh, and a really cool flamingo "piggy" bank to save up for fortcon!

Little Miss Bailee in pink ostrich boots??? LOVE IT!!! I bet she looks as adorable as can be! THose are some two delicious and yummy babies!

Toothdoc! I will definetly share pics with my FORT family!
    The nursery is all done..we just need a little angel to put in there!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Tallulah, do you have a theme for the baby room?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Not really. The room is really soft colors...soft greens, blues and lavenders. We dont know the sex...so it was a bit challenging. The hardwood floors soften it up nicely...its a light oak color. White Crown molding..and white crib and rocker. THe predominat color is sage green...and there are lambs on the baby's bedding and valance and rug...AWWW its so cute...Im gonna cry...lol (thats all I do these days)
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

It sounds so lovely......I love the colors. I didn't realize you were waiting to find out the sex. I hope the time goes quickly for you now....this has to be the hardest part.

+ Reply to Thread