+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Great Gifts We Got!

I got a present from my daughter today. I wanted to wait until Christmas to open it but she wouldn't let me. She threatened to open it for me so I had to. They made a 2005 calendar with her picture on it, she also drew a picture of her and me (well, as good as a 6 yr old can draw ). There was also a bookmark. It was pretty sweet.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I got a present from my daughter today. I wanted to wait until Christmas to open it but she wouldn't let me. She threatened to open it for me so I had to. They made a 2005 calendar with her picture on it, she also drew a picture of her and me (well, as good as a 6 yr old can draw ). There was also a bookmark. It was pretty sweet.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I got two awesome gifts today: the latest book in Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" and a shirt that I've wanted for a while.
    Gustav Holst was right!

So far I have gotten a Santa snowglobe, The Namco Classics 5 in 1 (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/238140.asp), and some sweaters.

The Namco Classics is great for anybody! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    which is why I have computer friends. i can do the gas grill but fight through the smallest problems on the computer

sounds like my type of lady , you should aks Ilikai about his alter to Earnhardt. did you see the special on him last sunday night. it was very good.

the best gift i got was a wedding present. someone actually got me an electric knife set and I thought it was funny, so typical.....but I have used it like crazy and laugh at my memory of the first thought I had of it.
    joe: It was funny, but the first time i saw the jacket,......I originally thought: Now who can I give this too.....so i can wear it. son?..............No, he likes Gorden, ......husband,...NO WAY!! also likes Gorden and actually one of the few who don`t BOO for him, whenever he sees him race.

Then I thought:...............This will be a lovely gift for me!! DING!! Still didn`t think I`d get so lucky.

And yes. I did see the show, 3 and have tried looking for the CD and it`s sold out everywhere in Indiana.......so far. It also has never shown interviews with it.

And my first thought when I meet a guy,...Is how their hair looks, and if they also like Earhardt.

We had our family Christmas at my Dad's place this past weekend (mom's is on Chritmas Day). My aunt always sends a parcel for each of us from oregon, and we look forward to opening them up every year. This is the best gift I've ever gotten - I've barely put it down since coming home... Anyway, she spent hours putting together a scrapbook of my life to date. I took one look at the first page and couldn't see from the tears coursing down my face. What a great gift.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by djgirl5235
    We had our family Christmas at my Dad's place this past weekend (mom's is on Chritmas Day). My aunt always sends a parcel for each of us from oregon, and we look forward to opening them up every year. This is the best gift I've ever gotten - I've barely put it down since coming home... Anyway, she spent hours putting together a scrapbook of my life to date. I took one look at the first page and couldn't see from the tears coursing down my face. What a great gift.
    What a special treasure of a gift from your aunt! Sounds like one neat lady to me.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I always have hated receiving presents but love giving them. I have made everyone afghans and quilts in the past so can't do any more until the younger ones get married. I have a good friend that I made a poncho, hat and scarf for, and a huge retirement quilt for my favorite boss. His last day is next week.

Since I'll be away celebrating Christmas with the in-laws my parents decided to have a Christmas dinenr last week-end. of all the gifts I received my favorite one is a fountain with little frogs and a ladybug. I had been asking for one almost every Christmas for the past 8 years and had stopped a couple of years ago and I finally received it. I learned to never lose hope and keep asking for what you want, you'll get it eventually.
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

I'm pretty certain I have something incredible waiting for me under the tree, and I've been holding my breath since E. took Em with him shopping after she got out of school. He told me I could open it last night, but we had already decided to wait until Christmas Eve to open our gifts to each other....but he's working that night until midnight, and we've got to play Santa real late that night.... so he brought me to lunch today, and told me I should open it tomorrow night, after we got back from his moms, so the morning wouldn't be so hectic..... the box is big and weighs a ton, but I think its a decoy.....
    I'm pretty sure its something amazing... and now its killing me not knowing..... and I'm afraid to get all excited about it, in case it IS a new coffee maker or something ..... so now I'm on pins and needles until tomorrow night.......
    and I'm afraid to even speculate about what it might be, because then I'm afraid he'll sense my disappointment if its NOT what I think it might be.... Gosh, I just cannot wait until tomorrow night...... and I can't stop wondering......
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread