+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Great Gifts We Got!

Awww, thanks Duxxy. That makes me feel a lot better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    We did our family Christmas last night. We do a 'secret Santa' among the adults and everyone buys for the kids. My stepmother had my name and she made everything in my gift. It consisted of 4 HUGE mason jars filled with ready to mix goodies. Pancake mix, cranberry crunch cookies, brownies and homemade Bits and Bites. She also made me a wooden push/pull for hot oven racks - which is the coolest thing ever!

Hubby and I bought our first ever digital video camera last week. We're very excited about it. We're boring everyone with our home movies already.
    The gift from your stepmom sounds awesome! I love stuff like that. Made from the heart. Cranberry crunch cookies .... mmmmmmmm

Enjoy your video camera! Aren't they the greatest! I've often thought about what a great gift it is to our children to be able to watch themselves when they're adults and see what they looked and sounded like when they were babies. I was a baby from the '60s, so all I see on old projector films are me and my brother wincing from the bright light in our faces and we're moving like triple-speed! And of course there's no sound.
    Last edited by Rumpshaker; 12-20-2004 at 02:19 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

We did our family Christmas last night. We do a 'secret Santa' among the adults and everyone buys for the kids. My stepmother had my name and she made everything in my gift. It consisted of 4 HUGE mason jars filled with ready to mix goodies. Pancake mix, cranberry crunch cookies, brownies and homemade Bits and Bites. She also made me a wooden push/pull for hot oven racks - which is the coolest thing ever!

Hubby and I bought our first ever digital video camera last week. We're very excited about it. We're boring everyone with our home movies already
    Duxxy, what is the wooden push/pull thing you are talking about? Could you post a picture or pm me one??? It sounds really cool and want to see if my hubby can make me one!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Here it is.. I have a template and measurements if you're really interested
    Last edited by Duxxy; 01-23-2007 at 04:45 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I bet this sounds really stupid, but I bought a gift for myself last night--a vacuum packer for when I have fresh fish or veggies that I want to freeze. I had my fish from Alaska vacuum packed and it makes a huge difference, enough to make me want this really badly. I also knew that no one would get it for me, so I did it myself.
    I've got one too. Bought it myself a couple of years ago. Being a one person household here, I can now buy family size packages of meat cheaper and freeze them in single sized servings. Works great for me. Also like you say Queenie, it helps on the fresh veggies.

Well,............... :rolleyes I wasn`t supposed to find this out, but my car wouldn`t start Yesterday, so my husband let me drive his truck and I kinda mentioned to him I love this red Dale Earnhardt jacket, ..................

And in his truck there was receipt for the exact same price as this jacket, so I think I`m going to get it!! WOO HOO!!! I`m so excited but SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don`t tell anyone.

FORT Fogey
    My friends are giving me the coolest gift- they're going to "pimp my ride" As I may have said before, I have a Pontiac Transport (otherwise known as ugliest minivan on the face of the planet) from 9 years ago. There is only a tape player, no CD player, and it's just dirty and nasty. It's basically a piece of junk, so my friends are going to help me clean it up and they bought me a fluffy pink steering wheel cover. My minivan's going to be the coolest car on the block!

She also made me a wooden push/pull for hot oven racks - which is the coolest thing ever!
    Duxxy, my sister made me one of those for Christmas a few years back. It's awesome...I just used it today as a matter of fact. Enjoy your goodies.

Rumpshaker, Wow! Have fun at the spa! You will definitely enjoy that.

Hubby and I always buy a big joint gift every Christmas that covers all gifts for the year . . .Christmas, birthdays, anniversary, etc.

This year - seeing as how we are determined to be in the best shape of our lives - we bought a treadmill and a bowflex-type weight machine. We did this three weeks ago and started our workout and healthier eating routine right then and there! O.K. . . .so we've let it slip the last couple of days . . .but we're on the right track!

Then, when we took our teenagers to the mall last night so that they could buy their Christmas gifts, we splurged again and bought two of the Ionic Breeze machines (it was buy one, get one half-price . . .and we need one upstairs and downstairs). We have three dogs, and a friend who is living with us right now until she gets on her feet has two dogs, so our house has been smelling a LOT like dogs! We plugged them in last night and could already tell a difference before we went to bed.

Happy Holidays to all!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Here it is.. I have a template and measurements if you're really interested
    Would love to have the template and measurements! Thanks Duxxy!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    J they sprang for a gas grill for the backyard and, best of all, a guy to come hook it up. (Just because I can break down your computer to the last screw and assemble it again doesn't mean I can assemble or hook up a gas grill...without an explosion, at least.)
    which is why I have computer friends. i can do the gas grill but fight through the smallest problems on the computer

Quote Originally Posted by jillibean
    Well,............... I wasn`t supposed to find this out, but my car wouldn`t start Yesterday, so my husband let me drive his truck and I kinda mentioned to him I love this red Dale Earnhardt jacket, ..................
    sounds like my type of lady , you should aks Ilikai about his alter to Earnhardt. did you see the special on him last sunday night. it was very good.

the best gift i got was a wedding present. someone actually got me an electric knife set and I thought it was funny, so typical.....but I have used it like crazy and laugh at my memory of the first thought I had of it.

+ Reply to Thread