+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Great Gifts We Got!

J. is a fantastic gift-giver and always does right by her friends and family. I'm a very lucky recipient, too.

Since we've been together, she's given me my first DVD player, my Palm Pilot (yes, the one that came in so handy during FORTcon I), a Nintendo GameCube and a top-of-the-line (well, at the time) video card for my PC.

Did I mention love and acceptance? (Awww...)

Her parents ain't too shabby, either. They've given me the Godfather Trilogy on DVD; this year, they sprang for a gas grill for the backyard and, best of all, a guy to come hook it up. (Just because I can break down your computer to the last screw and assemble it again doesn't mean I can assemble or hook up a gas grill...without an explosion, at least.)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Gone excavating again, Phat?

Quote Originally Posted by Phat32
    my Palm Pilot (yes, the one that came in so handy during FORTcon I)
    We all owe her BIG.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

TiVo! I got it last night and I already have a list of programs to record.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    TiVo! I got it last night and I already have a list of programs to record.
    Congratulations! Your TV watching will never be the same. You will become so spoiled. If I ever lost my TiVo, I don't know what I would do. I can barely watch TV at someone's house now. Just pause it. You can't pause it?!? You don't have TiVo??????? What am I doing here???!!

Tonight I got the special hardback illustrated edition of The Da Vinci Code as the collective family gift

I am thrilled.

Can't wait to see what else I might get.

I bet this sounds really stupid, but I bought a gift for myself last night--a vacuum packer for when I have fresh fish or veggies that I want to freeze. I had my fish from Alaska vacuum packed and it makes a huge difference, enough to make me want this really badly. I also knew that no one would get it for me, so I did it myself.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Good for you, Queenb. I want one of those, too. I like to buy my meat at Costco and need one. With only two people in the house I need to freeze some of the meat I buy. Those are wonderful inventions.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

We did our family Christmas last night. We do a 'secret Santa' among the adults and everyone buys for the kids. My stepmother had my name and she made everything in my gift. It consisted of 4 HUGE mason jars filled with ready to mix goodies. Pancake mix, cranberry crunch cookies, brownies and homemade Bits and Bites. She also made me a wooden push/pull for hot oven racks - which is the coolest thing ever!

Hubby and I bought our first ever digital video camera last week. We're very excited about it. We're boring everyone with our home movies already
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

At my husband's business dinner last night his boss gave us a gift certificate to The Fairmont Spa and Resort in Sonoma, CA! We've never had a massage or gone to a spa. I've always wanted a facial, too. We were shocked! Know what we gave the boss? I baked cookies, gave them a bottle of wine and a can of butter rum almonds. Whoopsie! I guess it's okay if the big gift is coming from hubby's boss, though, right? Gulp.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I have no idea about 'corporate etiquette' rumpshaker.. but what an awesome gift! A day at the spa *sigh*
    although... all the boss did was send the secretary out for gift certificates, you on the other hand, took the time to make cookies, select a platter, select a bottle of wine and another little treat you though boss would enjoy. IMO both gifts were thoughtful
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread