+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Great Gifts We Got!

Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl91
    Yup. Thats the water tower. The one I always repeat the phrase when we drive by it, and my dad gets irritated. lol. Thats cool.. Thanks for posting that pic. Well, good night from...Florence y'all.

Cory
    My kids used to everytime we'd go by on our many trips to Tennessee.

I got a very thoughtful and special gift. We were in a B&B and when I opened the door we had stockings leaning on the door. They were handmade and had some nice things in them. A couple of the things in mine were things I had mentioned in a conversation that we had had. Someone had to make a trip to get the things. My husbands had things that he liked too. They were totally unexpected and I loved that.

aww what a wonderful memory Muduh
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I got a lot of very cool stuff, but one of my favorite things was a set of cigarette snuffers. For all of you who smoke, seriously, buy those things right now. NOW! And no, I don't own stock in that company or anything, but I just can't tell you how much I love them. You put them in the ashtray, stick your cigarette into them, and they go out like magic without any smoke or smoldering or whatever. And, um, it's a lot cooler than it sounds. It would have to be, really, since it doesn't sound very cool at all. But it is. I promise.

My in-laws got my kids one of those portable DVD players - it's like a little laptop, and you can fold it up backwards and hang it on the back of a seat in a vehicle so they can watch it while we're driving (no small thing when it's a 10-hour drive to get to our hometown). Brilliant gift. I let my oldest hook it up in her room last night to watch a movie before she went to sleep so I have a really awesome thing to bribe her with now.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Jane we got our little grandkid one of those a year or so ago. His parents say it makes a huge difference in their travel experience.

I got a bubble gum pink sweatsuit. It is the brightest thing in the world. I love it because it is something I would never wear, it is also so very " the thought that counts" and better, that it is from my grandma!

Yea Grandmas
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

bb, sounds like the perfect "at home" outfit. I think it's neat that she bought a gift. My kids just want money or gift cards. That's what they got but I felt a little cheated because I only bought one little gift each and the gift cards. Nobody got a sweatsuit though.

I got a bunch of great stuff!! My parents got me some DVDs, clothes and a PDA from Staples.com (I think they are trying to tell me something about my organization skills!). My sister got me some cute bed buggs for my desk at work and other little knick knacks, my bf got me a calendar from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (he knows how much I <3 that show!).

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011