+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Five things only the CIA knows about you

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    2. My family for years, and for no apparent reason that I know of, thought I was a lesbian. My father just recently made me aware of this. (Sorry, dad, that I'm not like your other daughters who gave you trouble with boys and all got knocked up out of wedlock. Doesn't make me a lesbian, thankyouverymuch.)
    I support the right to arm bears.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    5. I jump up and down. Constantly. A good song will come on the radio and I jump to it, not dance. Something really cool will happen on tv and I get up and jump. Sometimes I just get the urge to jump during commercial breaks so I'll mute the tv and turn on the radio. Even if I'm exhausted I have to turn on the radio and jump for a little while before I go to bed. I've thought about getting a jump rope so I don't look or feel so strange, but there's not enough space in my room to be swinging a rope. And I've thought about getting a trampoline but the ceilings are too low and I'd hit my head for sure. I've tried breaking this habit because the impact is terrible on the knees, but it's so hard to break. I've tried to replace the jumping with low impact exercise equipment, but even after working out I still have to jump. When I'm at work or in public where I can't jump I miss it and can't wait to get home to do it... I'd have to say this is my most bizarre habit.
    Terena
    No wonder you're 5'7 and only weigh 115 lbs! Hmmmmm I may try this jumping thing.

Also about your family thinking you were gay.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

I'm not sure that these are CIA-worthy things, but I'll just put down with things about me that I think are somewhat unique and possibly interesting.

1. I'm a kidney donor.

2. I literally ran into Tom Cruise in a parking lot one time while he was cleaning up food that was spilled on a sidewalk.

3. Two of my best friends are famous drag-queens (they were my friends long before their career-choice was established). Actually they're not full-time drag queens, but famous for that - Kevin Kent (in Teatro Zinzanni - only famous if you're in Seattle of San Francisco), and John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig from "Hedwig & the Angry Inch).

4. I was a widow at 28.

5. I'm a doula (help deliver babies).

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Wow, Molly, you have some fascinating things about you:
    Kidney Donor

Tom Cruise - when you say "ran" into him, was that with a car or as a pedestrian?

Widow - one of my worst nightmares

Doula - I used a doula. They are wonderful, so good for you.
    I support the right to arm bears.

I don't know if the CIA knows or cares about the following:

1. While in Las Vegas to attend a live boxing match, I walked into the elevator area in the lobby of my hotel. There stood Don King. He nodded at me, and I turned my back.

I wasn't trying to be cool. I didn't do it so I could tell people "I dissed Don King." From what I know of him, I don't like the man, and I believe that boxing is the worse for Don King. (I thought at the time, "Lord, if I get to meet a 'famous face,' why couldn't it be someone I admire and want to meet?!")

2. I have never had a drug stronger than Advil, but I smoke half a pack a day.

3. In the last two weeks of my study-abroad trip to Europe back in college, a buddy I met on the trip and I decided we were going to break our "days drunk" record by being continuously drunk for ten days straight. And we did it--we woke up drunk, drank some more, drank at lunch, drank at dinner, drank together in the evenings. If we were awake, we were drunk.

It seems pretty stupid now (until I get together with other guys my age, go over our "crazy college days," and I get to pull that story out). This "record" begs the question, "WHY?!" and I don't have a good answer ten years down the road. Keep in mind I was 21 and stupid at the time.

4. I have only been to one concert. It's my least favorite activity in the world.

5. I have 36 "long boxes" of comic books. A "long box" holds about 200+ comic books. I have so many, they're in a storage unit I had to rent. That said, I'm usually the non-geekiest person in a comic book store at any given time. (Well, it's true. )
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but...the bad things don’t always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

1. As a kid I never had a pet bigger than one inch. I have 3 sets of seamonkeys (one which ended up all over the floor) and three goldfish which all died within a matter of weeks.

2. My dad was a stay-at-home dad.

3. I have never met one of my grandparents, even though they are still alive

4. I have many goals in life. (opening my own buisness, sky-diving, learning at least 3 languages, being on at least one reality show)

5. I am an only child, who has never been drunk or has done any drugs

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    Wow, Molly, you have some fascinating things about you:
    Kidney Donor

Tom Cruise - when you say "ran" into him, was that with a car or as a pedestrian?

Widow - one of my worst nightmares

Doula - I used a doula. They are wonderful, so good for you.

I was walking when I met Tom Cruise. Didn't run over him. At the time I was a HUGE fan, so I could hardly speak. Now I'm not so crazy about him as a person, although I still like him in movies. If I met him now I'd try to get him to donate to my crisis center, although since he has said that counseling should be illegal, he probably wouldn't go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    5. My screen name is pronounced Feefur not Feyefur. It is a nickname my brother gave me when I was a baby and he could not say Jennifer. When we were teenagers and I asked him how it should be spelled he said Feifer.(I know some of you already know this, but I could not think of another #5)
    I didn't know that! Well, I knew about your brother not being able to say Jennifer, but in my head I've always said Feye-fer. Okay, I'm adjusting my mental settings.

Dfleming, there was a thread in the green room about people not letting their food touch other food on the plate, eating them one at a time, etc. It's amazing how many green members are like you! Now me, I come from a mom who mixes her salad into her spaghetti. Honestly.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I have 36 "long boxes" of comic books. A "long box" holds about 200+ comic books. I have so many, they're in a storage unit I had to rent. That said, I'm usually the non-geekiest person in a comic book store at any given time. (Well, it's true. )
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    As a kid I never had a pet bigger than one inch. I have 3 sets of seamonkeys (one which ended up all over the floor) and three goldfish which all died within a matter of weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose
    I'm a kidney donor.

Two of my best friends are famous drag-queens (they were my friends long before their career-choice was established). Actually they're not full-time drag queens, but famous for that - Kevin Kent (in Teatro Zinzanni - only famous if you're in Seattle of San Francisco), and John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig from "Hedwig & the Angry Inch).

I was a widow at 28.

I'm a doula (help deliver babies).
    Wow! You are all so interesting. Who knew? j/k

This is a great thread!
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Well, I don't have a very exciting life.. and the one I do have seems to be an open book

1. My husband was engaged when I met him. (I had nothing to do with the demise of their relationship)

2. I've never done recreational drugs - for some reason people refuse to believe it

3. Before my daughter was born I'd only had 7 stitches (in my knee - car accident when I was 21 - ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT)

4. I freak out when my groceries aren't packed properly. Here's the thing.. I'm OCD I put all the like things together on the conveyor belt. Why the hell can't they pack it properly? The last time this happened the clerk packed bloody hamburger meat ON TOP of a loaf of bread. I ummm yelled at her I've sent bag boys away and packed my own groceries.

5. I'm Canadian and I don't own a pair of socks. I don't wear socks ever. Not in winter or summer, not in boots or shoes. I can't stand for my feet to be 'enclosed'
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread