+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334

Thread: Five things only the CIA knows about you

Re: Five things only the CIA knows about you

1. While my IQ was pegged at 142, my education ended in grade 9.

2. My first wedding dress cost $1 - I bought a 1950's blue shantung silk sheath at a Goodwill warehouse sale. My second wedding dress cost $30 at Pier 1.

3. During the first year of my second marriage, my first husband lived with us - that situation almost destroyed my marriage.

4. I cannot drive, nor do I want to. I can ride a bike and I live in a city with plentiful transit so I've never found it to be necessary.

5. And now for the most embarrassing moment of my life: After my first marriage broke up, I was feeling quite, shall we say, frisky. We hadn't...well, you know...since the honeymoon (it went bad immediately), so during a night of rampaging drunkenness while out with friends, I came on like a hurricane to a bandmate of my ex. I liked him but was not interested in him romantically. It was just that he was a bit of a man-tart and I was, as I mentioned, feeling frisky. He had the good sense to say no, but for a few years after that I could see the terror in his eyes every time I was alone in a room with him, so I had to keep up the "Mr. Rattus is wonderful, Mr. Rattus is the best, I love Mr. Rattus" talk until he got over his fear of me. God, so embarrassing.

5a. Just wanted to add another quite embarrassing moment. One night while I was living in my first apartment, I was cooking some fish for dinner. I hear someone unlocking and opening my front door, which scares the bejesus out of me. It happens to be the landlord, who was with the neighbour who had called him. Apparently he thought there was a corpse rotting in my apartment. Nope, I was just making dinner. And it wasn't that bad.
    Last edited by Rattus; 06-26-2007 at 11:24 AM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Hmmm, let's see.....

1. I'm a natural blonde. Most people don't believe me until they see my three sons...who are also blonde. I'm also not a dumb blonde, although I do have my 'silly' moments.

2. I've only known my dad and four of my sisters for 7 years. I never really fit in with my mom and siblings I grew up with. I always felt different. I found out why....after spending just an hour with my newfound family members, I finally found where I belong. They are total goofballs and I adore them all!

3. I had two kids by the time I was 18, but was smart enough to graduate high school and NOT marry their father...

4. I've been arrested for fighting. Once. Once was more than enough.

5. My knickname when I was little was Bubbles. I guess I thought it was hilarious to fart in the bathtub so my brothers felt it necessary to tease me mercilessly.

Fantastic thread…thanks for bumping Stephanie! I’ve wasted soooo much time this morning reading all these pages…and learning so much about the FoRTers!

Mine:
    1. I grew up on a large grain farm (almost 6,000 acres run by my brother these days)
    2. I’ve never done any drugs in my entire life (I’m almost 30)
    3. I have spent the night in Edinburgh Castle (a part of a wild night where I got separated from my tour group, drank too much Sloth, attended a rave and danced on a speaker to “Dancing Queen”)
    4. I had open heart surgery when I was 26
    5. I am in my 9th year of university and I don’t owe a dime to student loans/lines of credit, etc. (I should be a professional ‘apply for scholarships’ person).
    Don't let the small things sweat

1. Until I was fifteen, I believed I was adopted. When my husband first met my family, he thought I was adopted.
    2. When I was seven, my brother saved me from drowning; when I was thirteen, I saved my best friend.
    3. I once kissed Ron Palillo – (Horshak on Welcome Back Kotter).
    4. Never been in a car accident, haven’t had a ticket in 28 years.
    5. I have a monogrammed knee – it’s a gravel scar in the shape of an underlined letter “C” – (my real first initial).

(Rattus, I must say the doggie-door story you posted in the old "How Stupid are You" thread qualifies as 5b.)
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2452306;
    (Rattus, I must say the doggie-door story you posted in the old "How Stupid are You" thread qualifies as 5b.)
    Tee hee. Right you are.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This thread is so much fun!

Here's my list:

1. I was born two months prematurely and weighed in at just under 2 lbs. The doctors didn't think I'd make it. Neither, I was told a few years back, did my parents, which might explain why I grew up feeling incredibly loved and protected.
    2. I used to be a size 16. (I'm now a size 6-8.)
    3. I hate chocolate. Loathe the stuff. Just the thought of it makes me gag.
    4. I was in an all boys soccer team when I was six years old. For about two minutes. (For people who got to know me later in life, this is a bigger shock than me hating chocolate.)
    5. I pick up accents really easily. I'm a bit like a parrot that way. After living in the East End of London for about fifteen minutes, I had a stronger cockney accent than the cast of Eastenders combined. If I were to meet any of you, you'd get annoyed and think I was mocking your accent. I just can't help it; it's this weird talent I have. Actually, it's more like an involuntary tic.
    Last edited by geek the girl; 06-26-2007 at 02:53 PM.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

1. I dont like roses. They are very boring to me. If a guy wants to romance me, give me flowers that require and imagination to pick out. Not just, "oh... i'll get her roses!"

2. My dad calls me Slugbait. There are two versions to why. My version is that I had a major slug obsession as a young Bratling, and would name every slug that came into our yard. My dad's version is that I was so slow, slugs could catch me.

3. My body is a whole lot more pure than my mind is lol. My mind went to Hades in handbasket a while ago, yet I've only ever had 5 alcoloholic beverages (i'll be 25 on sunday), never had drugs.

4. My favorite lunch is tuna salad sandwiches and Spaghetti-o's. I dip the sandwiches in the spaghetti-o's. Because I have the eating habits of a cross between a 10 year old and a stoner.

5. I hang out with furries and weirdos. My mom calls my friends "odd ducks". So, the weirder they are (in the good weird way, not the "omg, they're going to kill me" weird way) the more I like them.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Love this thread!

1. I was a Junior Olympics high jumper. My town was too small to sponsor a team, so I was my own team.
    2. No illegal drugs have been ingested, inhaled, yada yada by me.
    3. I refuse to eat fish or fowl. Cannot stand the smell of fish, and discovered I was allergic to it ~ so apparently my nose knew best.
    Do not eat fowl since I had a great aunt that founded a national bird foundation.
    4. At my previous job, my intern's husband was a NFL football player who knew one the Bachelors (guess who?) ~ so I got all the dirt.
    There was plenty!
    5. My family consists of three generations of attorneys.
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 06-26-2007 at 08:42 PM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread