Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Five things only the CIA knows about you

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    is right.
    :nono
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    ..you've never lived until you've attended a sporting event in the 700 level of the vet or the right field bleacher seats of Yankee Stadium!
    Eagles fans are quite, um, devoted, aren't they? I lived in the Philly area for 27 years. Nothing like the Vet...
    I support the right to arm bears.

Great thread idea! You all lead such interesting lives!

Mine may not be so interesting - this is more like a confessional than anything. I trust you will use discretion with the information you're about to receive :rolleyes

1. I live at home. With my Mom and Dad. I have lived on my own, but had to move home for health reasons. I pay rent, live my own life, etc. but still live at home.

2. I, like chompstick, belong to the fracture of the month club. I've broken both ankles (last one was the right ankle, in November) and have hardware in both. I've had knee problems all my life and had the left one reconstructed (full of hardware there, too).

3. I am a poet and have been published once (in an international church magazine) and hope to publish a book eventually.

4. I am very artistic and crafty - I like to teach myself new things all the time (currently teaching myself to crochet).

5. I am the second oldest of eight children. Subsequently, I am a very talented babysitter.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Since you don't really know who I am, I may as well tell you...

1. I live at home with Mum and Dad (My own house is in Australia)
    2. My car was sent to Germany after 3 months of ownership. I happily recieved it 2 months later.
    3. I am best at cooking Chinese, Italian, American and Japanese.
    4. While handling the Family business (car dealership/vehicle rent out) I drive a taxi, an Isuzu NPR or a minibus (16 seat bus for serving normally short routes or very long routes) because I can . Believe me, If I was a full time Cabbie, I wouldn't be posting here as I wouldn't be able to pay the bills for a computer.
    5. We own 5 private cars.

FORT Fogey
    ooh thought of a #7

I am completly addicted to.... Salt and Vinegar Potato chips. Seriously. If there is a bag anywhere in my sight, I cannot resist them... Most people think they're gross, but...

And Quinn, that Ironman marathon wow. I could not imagine 13 miles of running, let along 56 miles of biking. Good for you!!!

While I think of five fabulous things that would be a surprise, I will add myself to the list of people who have never broken a bone (knock on wood). This despite falling down rather frequently.
    Here's a fun fact about Lucy, though: I don't have much feeling in the left side of my left thumb, after accidentally sticking a kitchen knife in my hand in 7th grade as I was trying to pry a frozen hamburger off some Tupperware (it's always about the food, isn't it?). Evidently I severed a nerve, or something. Five stitches. (and I fainted twice before we got to the hospital. )
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I will add myself to the list of people who have never broken a bone (knock on wood). This despite falling down rather frequently.
    I've never broken a bone either. I've sprained two fingers though. One when we were playing basketball in PE and one when I crashed into a wall.

Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    8. I need to sleep with socks on. No matter how hot it is outside.
    I am the opposite way. I cannot sleep with socks on. My feet need to feel the softness of the blankets in order for me to fall asleep. :rolleyes

Jewelsy: 1. I was an aerobics instructor for 10+ years.
    Cool! Did you teach Jazzercise?

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I don't have much feeling in the left side of my left thumb, after accidentally sticking a kitchen knife in my hand in 7th grade as I was trying to pry a frozen hamburger off some Tupperware (it's always about the food, isn't it?).
    Thanks for reminding me of 2 more accidents I had:

- while trying to open a box of brown sugar (I think) with a steak knife (Dumb, yes, but I was quite young), it slipped and cut straight down into the webbing at the base of 2 fingers. OUCH!

- I slammed my thumb in a car door. Unfortunately, the door was locked.
    I support the right to arm bears.

FORT Fogey
    my gosh chomp.... you need to wear some sort of protective suit of some sort...

+ Reply to Thread