+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Is it just me?

I've noticed every year at Christmas time...When I'm shopping for presents for other people, I inevitably end up spending more on myself than for the people I'm shopping for.

Went to Kohl's yesterday...Walked out with a couple of jeans and sweaters for other people, and a new coat and wallet for myself. Went to Wal-Mart today to get some kids' toys, walked out with a couple of new shirts for me.

How does this happen? So far this season, I've spent like $300 on presents for other people, and probably twice that on myself. It's just sad.

Is it just me?

No no, don't worry...it's not just you. Whenever I'm looking for stuff in the mall for other people, I always end up finding tons of stuff that I want. What's weird is that I don't think I'd notice stuff as much unless I was shopping for others. I usually find Cds, DVDs, or clothes that I want. Then I start thinking,"Oh right...I was hee to buy so-and-so a Xmas present." Kinda ironic, eh?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I was in Bath and Body Works the other day shopping for my sister-in-law and MIL and every time I found something for them, I'd be like...."Hey, I need to try that for myself too!"

I think you're "normal" John
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It happens to me all the time John. I hate going shopping, especially at the mall. Yuck Yuck Yuck! When I do happen to find myself in a mall or large shopping area, I have to take full advantage of it and buy items for myself.
    Im haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

JR.
    Yeah, me too, that's why I do most of my shopping online now. I find that it's the only way to just get what I planned on getting.

You're definitely normal, John. Especially if I'm buying clothes for someone, I'll always seem to find a couple of things I like. Then my mom pays me for them and gives them to me for Christmas since I'm not home to pick out stuff. So, I've been getting great gifts the last few years.

Wow, you guys. I'm ashamed at each and every one of you! I'd never do such a thing.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Originally posted by Paulie
    Wow, you guys. I'm ashamed at each and every one of you! I'd never do such a thing.

That Paulie, always working with the poor kids and the homeless...what a guy!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I do that too John, unless I stick to my list and don't look at other things. But this is the most shopping I do at one time and the urge to buy for me is there.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast