+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just me?

I actually don't. I see lots of things I want, which is cool because I will just tell people who ask what I want and where they can get it

Golly, I'm a jerk!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I am a really bad Christmas shopper. I just keep spending and spending and spending. I tend to forget what I bought people and I come from a family where you don't buy ONE gift, you buy THIRTY ONE gifts.

I will NOT start shopping before December because once I start, I don't stop until Dec. 24.

But I am guilty of 'buying myself a Christmas/birthday gift or two' That's how I rationalize it.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I have so many gifts to buy at Christmas time.
    My husband is a December baby, the 31st is our wedding anniversary and all my boys are born on Jan 1st.
    "That's Numberwang!"

This happens to me all the time, even when i'm shopping for birthday presents! I always see something that i'd like for myself & ALWAYS end up buying it. So it's a monthly thing for me!

Fluff, do you have twins or is it just coincidence that your children were born on Jan 1st?

I think the answer is "Yes" or "Both".
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Fluff, we have alot of winter events too! our anniversary, mom's bday, Christmas and my bday are all in Dec. Both of our kiddos are Jan. bdays.

John, I see alot of stuff that I want, but my husband is the worst about buying stuff for himself right before Christmas. I think it is just his way of ensureing he gets everything he wants in the right color/style/model that he really wants. i end up wrapping most if it up and sticking it under the tree.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

My family basically enters a party sprint right after Halloween. My oldest boy's birthday is Nov. 17. My brother's is Nov. 24 (and we usually get together with him because he lives so close). And my daughter's is Dec. 1. Somewhere in there, Thanksgiving happens. And once we've thrown away all the wrapping paper from that barrage of birthdays, it seems that Christmas is right on top of us.

Actually, I really don't buy myself stuff during Christmas season, but it sure is hard not to. I make mental notes since I always get $$$.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12