+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grandmothers and Grandfathers..

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    These are great! Firegirl, you always come up with terrific thread ideas!

I never knew my mom's dad (he died when she was in high school), but her mom lived with us when I was four. I called her Grammy. My grandfather was just Grampa. When my parents introduced me to my dad's mom, they told me that she was my other grammy. I said "But I have a grammy that lives with us." They said "Yes, but this is your grammy, too. So until I was in my teens, I called her Grammy Two.

My folks go by Grandma and Grandpa to our son.
    I think folks from the South are much more into different names. My wife's parents go by Buddy and LuLu to the grandkids. My wife's grandparents were Grandad and DeeDee and Grandpa and Nanny. LuLu I can undestand - her name is Mary Lou. But where on Earth they got Buddy from Kirk, I have no idea.

My wife has been lucky; Grandpa lived until about 6 years ago, she lost Grandad 2 years ago. Sadly DeeDee has been in declining health and had 3 strokes last week; they don't expect her to last more than a week or so - but she did have a good, long life - she's 92. Nanny is 84 and going strong. Since I lost all of my grandparents when I was young, Nanny is like a grandmother to me - she's the sweetest little lady.

MenInUniform
    Originally posted by nlmcp
    I called mine Grandma and Grandpa for the ones who lived next door and my other Grandma we called Grandma X because she always signed her cards that way (meaning grandma with a kiss)

My kids call my parents Grandma and Grandpa, they call my husband's parents Dzia Dzia and Bushia which as you know from Dar's post is Polish for Grandpa and Grandma.
    What part of Michigan are you from? I'm from the Detroit area.

dar

Originally posted by MenInUniform
    What part of Michigan are you from? I'm from the Detroit area.

dar
    I live in Livonia where excitement goes to die.

My inlaws used to live in Wyndotte and now live in Trenton. I'm from the UP, a town called L'Anse, which is French for "lets build a crappy little town by the water"
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MenInUniform
    We're neighbors. I'm in Dearborn Hgts. If you were around DH this past weekend you may have seen me on a street corner working.. LOL Ok, I like saying that. LOL I was selling papers for the Goodfellows.

dar

Oh wow, good for you. Be careful out there, some of the guys just stroll out into traffic, I almost hit one on 5 mile...wonderful people, great cause...apparently no fear of cars.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123