+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grandmothers and Grandfathers..

wow Feifer, who woulda thought there'd be two weeta's running around
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I had 3 sets of grandparents until I was about 10 and called them all Grandma and Grandpa. (though for some reason I called my maternal grandfather "Bonko" until I was 3).

Unfortunately, all my grandfathers died within a 2 year period around the time I was 10-11. I have only have one living grandparent for many years now
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    I'm in Paulie's camp in that I haven't had grandparents since the early 1980s, but we had a Nana which isn't really inventive, but it is what my daughter calls my mother, and she calls my dad "Gramps".
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    My kids are teens and still call my inlaws Grammy and Grampy

When my parents were alive , they called them Grandpa and Rene
    ( for Irene)

There are tons of Buelos and Weetas/Weleetas running around Texas. Hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I call my mom's parents "Granny" and "Papa."

My dad's parents and "Grandma" and "Grandpa."

I call them Wal-Mart greeters. Thank god they are always there to check my reciept and keep me honest!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I call my grandparents on my dad's side Abuela and Abuelo. My dad's side is Puerto Rican by the way. On my mom's side, I call them Granny and Grandpa. My only dead grandparent is my Grandpa...he died in February. Everyone else is still around.

MenInUniform
    my nieces and nephews call my parents, Dzia Dzia (pronounced like Ja Ja) and Busia (pronounced like Boo Sha). That's Polish for Grandfather (dzia dzia) and Grandmother (busia). I called my mom's parents that and my dad's mom I called grandma. My grandfather on my dad's side died when my dad was 2 so we didn't have a grandpa (which sounds weird to me when I say it.).

dar wiggle wiggle

I called mine Grandma and Grandpa for the ones who lived next door and my other Grandma we called Grandma X because she always signed her cards that way (meaning grandma with a kiss)

My kids call my parents Grandma and Grandpa, they call my husband's parents Dzia Dzia and Bushia which as you know from Dar's post is Polish for Grandpa and Grandma.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast