+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Thinking like a Child

FORT Fogey
    This is a web site where you can order an actual "santa's key" and use it as an ornament or gift. They are so inexpensive I give them as gifts. I tied mine to a really pretty tassle and then hang it on the door. People love them and always ask where I got it so I started giving it as a small gift or on top of presents.

http://store2.nostalgicvillage.com/s...dSubSubCatID=7

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    This is a web site where you can order an actual "santa's key" and use it as an ornament or gift. They are so inexpensive I give them as gifts. I tied mine to a really pretty tassle and then hang it on the door. People love them and always ask where I got it so I started giving it as a small gift or on top of presents.

http://store2.nostalgicvillage.com/s...dSubSubCatID=7

How cute is that? There should be an "awwww" smiley for such a thing. I may have to get one to have when my daughter is older.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Thanks for posting that link, Firegirl. That is great, I may have to get one...my daughter would love it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

That dogs are boys, cats are girls notion is so funny! I used to think it too!

The really weird one I used to think is you had to marry a stranger....hmm I wonder if any of these are Freudian?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    This is about my daughter, not me, so don't disqualify me.

When Jess was little (like about 4 yrs) she used to love grilled cheese sandwiches. Like every day. So one day when her daddy was outside doing our so-called landscaping, I was fixing her a sandwich and said "go ask your dad if he wants a grilled cheese". And she replied (how precious is this!) Wouldn't dad like a boy-cheese? (girl cheese, boy cheese - kids are the best!)

Nothing comes to mind for me at the moment.. I'm sure something will leap into my head at about 3 am LOL. This can be attributed to my daughter...

In October I left home for a 4 day Home Daycare Conference. On the 3rd day my husband told me that our daughter went into our room to wake him in the morning and she said
    "daddy? where's mommy?"
    my husband said "still at the conference in Ottawa"
    to which my daughter replied " I don't think I like that place".

From the same conference: About a week after I came home. My daughter and I were having some quiet time together drawing with her magna doodle and she said
    "mommy, do you have to go back to Home Depot?"
    I said um no, we have to go to Walmart on Saturday but not Home Depot.
    she said Oh good! I dont want you to go back to Ottawa.
    My precious 3 year old thought my Home Daycare conference was a Home Depot conference..
    my husband said how can you blame her with a shop-o-holic for a mother? LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    My dad used to tell this joke and make me repeat it to other adults, etc.: "A man who makes carrots and peas in the same pot is unsanitary." You have to say it out loud to get it, and I think I was 15 or so before I got it. I never understood why everyone would laugh and I would say so, but no one would explain it. Geez, Dad!
    ***wipes tears from eyes***
    Geez, that's funny hepcat!

I asked my mother if she was a pioneer. (I think I pissed her off with that question.) I dunno, I just figured that we went from covered wagons straight to the 70's.

Remember those old Summer's Eve Douche ads? I remember my sister saying, "Yuck, I wouldn't drink that!"
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Dex
    This thread is funny

I used to think that all the letters in the alphabet were separated into males and females. And I was very sure of myself. For example males are B,C,D etc and females are A,I,J etc Oh and numbers too.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Is that how we got so many words ?

I was told the same thing about Santa too. When my kids were little and they were watching the a video of Close Encounters , when the aliens were coming up through the heating grate , one of them piped up and said - well it could just be Santa you know.

My kids didn't ask me about the pioneer thing , but they did ask if I had "pens" in school.
    Um yeah the inkwells had pretty much dried up by the 70's

When my sister and I were kids we were terrified of those scary looking bugs we called pinchers. When my dad told me they were actually called earwigs I asked him why and he told me it was because they would crawl in people's ears and eat their brains. Needless to say, I am terrified of them to this day.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

+ Reply to Thread