+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Thinking like a Child

Awww, that's sad Stargazer.

My husband thought girls didn't, um, pass wind. At all. And he thought that up to his first girlfriend in the 10th grade.

My dad used to tell this joke and make me repeat it to other adults, etc.: "A man who makes carrots and peas in the same pot is unsanitary." You have to say it out loud to get it, and I think I was 15 or so before I got it. I never understood why everyone would laugh and I would say so, but no one would explain it. Geez, Dad!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I don't have too many.

But when I was lil I use to think, of course, that brown milk came from brown cows. I was so confused as to what came from the cows that were white with black spots.

My dad use to say "lights on" and "lights off" when we were driving in the car, so I thought he was some God of lights.

I also thought it was possibly to get locked in a mall or store. I use to have nightmares about it constantly.

And last but not least, like a lot of kids, I always thought I would get sucked down the drain of the bathtub!

As I was reading the posts in this thread from page 1 I came across the Dog=boy Cat=girl idea. and I remembered thinking the same thing as a kid. I was suprised that so many people thought the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas why. Was there a cartoon or something around that had a dog character that was a boy and a cat that was a girl?

I have a younger sister and have two cousins where the older sibling is a boy and the younger a girl. As a kid I thought that was the way it always was - every family had two kids with the older one being a boy. Little did I knowe that as an adult I would have two daughters. I'm breaking the rules

I also used to think that while driving in the car with the family it was a rule that males had to sit on one side, females on the other. When my family went out in the car my dad would drive, my mom would sit in the passengers seat, I would sit in the back behind my dad and my sister would sit behind my mom. I thought that there was some sort of required seating arrangement.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

FORT Fogey
    Finally Here that is funny and I can sooo see why you would think that!

For the longest time I thought cars could come "alive"...I watched too many 'Herbie' movies as a child, I guess!

I absolutely had to have my feet covered in bed or something would grab me while I slept...oh and I thought all TV shows were live. No idea why...

When I misbehaved, my mom would make me sit at the kitchen table for X amount of minutes. I used to close my eyes & get off the chair & try to walk into another room. I thought because I couldn't see her, then she couldn't see me either.
    I don't actually remember doing this, but my mom told me about it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I Loved butter when I was little. I would put it on everything my Mom would allow me to put it on. At the time, my mother did a lot of baking, so we usually had the kind in sticks. Well, I used to tell my Mom that I wanted to be a Farmer when I grew up and grow "ears" of butter so I could eat as much as I wanted. Thankfully, I eventually cut back on the butter or I probably would have died of a heart attack by the age of 10
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    This thread is too funny!!!

When I was a kid I used to think that those car top thingies, (the compartment/storage things) were actually Big Mac holders!!! Someone told me that and it stuck with me. They were the same color and the same shape. To this day I still try to convince my son of this as well!

I always thought cats were girls and dogs were boys too.

My daughter has taken to figuring out the sex of cars and trucks. Little trucks, like my Ranger would be girls and big trucks like f150's are boys.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    my daughter looked in our fire place yesterday to discover it is a ventfree unit. She became very concerned about how Santa will get in the house.. then she remembered that he will probably just use Pixie dust..lol
    She also said she would tell him we can leave a key if he needs it.. lol

When I was little we lived in an apartment without a fireplace. My dad told me that Santa had a key to all the houses that didn't have fireplaces. I tell my daughter that to this day because we don't have a fireplace either.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread