+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Thinking like a Child

Bill

You're on a roll tonight!

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Did Clay answer back "you're welcome!"?

yes, yes he did! i swear clay is a leprechaun!!!

Originally posted by shersidhe
    when i was little, i remember those quick photo booths where it takes 4 pics and spits them out about 3 minutes later. i used to think there was a "vertically challenged" person in there developing the pics and even when i wasn't getting pics taken and i would pass by them, i would knock and say hello! if i had pics taken, after my pics were developed i would knock and say, "thank you."
    When you were little? I remember you doing that in highschool when we went to the fair with Angela.

FORT Fogey
    my daughter looked in our fire place yesterday to discover it is a ventfree unit. She became very concerned about how Santa will get in the house.. then she remembered that he will probably just use Pixie dust..lol
    She also said she would tell him we can leave a key if he needs it.. lol

FORT Fogey

Re: Thinking like a Child

Originally posted by firegirl
    I thought all dogs were boys and all cats were girls.
    I did too. Out dog was female and out cat was male, so I thought dogs got spayed and cats got neutered for the longest time...

FORT Fogey
    When I was a kid, we had this big half-lab, half-German Shepherd named Lobo. One day, my parents took me over to their friend's house and she had a poodle, which scared the heck out of me. They said it was a dog, but I kept insisting that it couldn't be and that it was some kind of monster. I swear that dog scared the heck out of me...

I also used to be scared that if I sat on my mom's lap, I would get her pregnant. I don't know where that came from - my brother most likely.

Also, I never had meat as a kid, then one time we went to a buffet restaurant and my mom said I spent the whole time inspecting the "little pink squares" that I thought looked funny (They were cubes of ham).

When I was a kid I thought that your heart and all other organs floated with food and drink in your stomach.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Originally posted by Zaius
    When I was a kid I thought that your heart and all other organs floated with food and drink in your stomach.
    I love that! Hilarious!

When I was little I believed there was a small band of musicians inside the stereo speakers.

Originally posted by firegirl
    I thought that people were actually at the radio station playing the songs live,
    I thought that, too. Once we were listening to the radio, and the dj played a record that was badly warped and he stopped it part way through and said it sounded awful. I was so horrified at his rudeness - I couldn't believe the musicians went all the way to the station to play, and he made them stop partway through because they were so bad!

I used to think that scenes in movies where people commit suicide are real, and that they will hire people who are planning to commit suicide to act in that role. :rolleyes
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

+ Reply to Thread