+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Thinking like a Child

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    "Well Uncle Bill, I have found that the early episodes of the Power Rangers did indeed contain a high level of violence, but as I have shared with Mom, recently the show has made a good attempt at cutting back on that. I doubt that I will be emotionally scarred from watching it."
    LOL that sounds like one of my nephews. Everything he says is very well thought out, years beyond where he is age wise and well sort of scary. Some of these kids are like little adults.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Bill I love that! Kids truely do say the darndest thing!

I subbed yesterday and worked with students one on one (very cool)
    I'm working with this 7 year old kid and he's telling me all about how great Lincoln was, then he said "I don't know a lot about Grant or Jackson though, but Lincoln wore a Hat. He was shot in the head and all we was doing was watching a movie" I said "Wow, I can't believe your only 7, you sure are smart, but tell me about what Lincoln was watching..."
    "oh what? a play a movie? whatever... he would have been watching a movie if he could have been!"

THEN later when he tells me he is going to help the president when he grows up, I asked him why he didn't just become President... His response: "Are you kidding? There's like things to sign every day. You don't do anything else, read and sign, read and sign..." then looks around to make sure we're alone "...I'm not sure he even reads it all!"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sleeping with George W
    My dad used to make sausage and sauerkraut for dinner with one long, curled up sausage. My brother told me it was a snake and I believed him. Nothing anyone told me could convince me otherwise, and I still don't eat sausage to this day!

My brother swallowed a green olive whole once, and informed my mom that he had "swallowed the peanut inside the pickle."

I thought that Mr. Clean really would come up out of our washing machine and that a dove really would fly out of the dishwashing detergent bottle. I was very disappointed when they didn't.

Originally posted by firegirl
    We got a volkswagen rabbit the year they came out,, and my dad would push the back defrost button (it was sort of this button with a wavy line on it) and then he would step on and off the brake and we thought that when he pushed that button it was the 'hop' button because we had a rabbit it could hop,,lol
    You mean they don't hop?

This is shocking, my first car was a 1977 VW Rabbit... I swear it jumped all the time!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    We were ordering in a restaurant last night and my little girl said she wanted chicken,, but when the waitress came she told him I want that kind of chicken on a bone with a handle please.. lol
    ( a chicken leg)

My daughter loves to talk to her Granny on the phone and usually "shows" Granny the latest drawing or project by holding the phone up to it and saying,"see Granny?". My mom perpetuates this by saying, "Wow! that is great!". I have tried to explain that noone can see through the phone, but my daughter will not believe it. She says that it is a special thing that she has with Granny. Just because I cannot see it does not mean it does not happen. What a cutie!

I want that kind of chicken on a bone with a handle please..
    FG- that is precious!!

And feifer, that's so cute!

Originally posted by cali
    I asked him why he didn't just become President... His response: "Are you kidding? There's like things to sign every day. You don't do anything else, read and sign, read and sign..." then looks around to make sure we're alone "...I'm not sure he even reads it all!"
    Cali! That is great. What a little sweetheart.

(He's probably right)

wow bill, that is well said, indeed. makes me think back to the time when i was playing pool on this TINY little pool table with my then 6 year old nephew. i said something and he looked up all smartass-y and said, "you're SOOOOOO cool" in the most degrading way! oh joy!!

however, i do have to say i was when it happened! a kid after my own heart.

okay, i thought of something else i believed.

when i was little, i remember those quick photo booths where it takes 4 pics and spits them out about 3 minutes later. i used to think there was a "vertically challenged" person in there developing the pics and even when i wasn't getting pics taken and i would pass by them, i would knock and say hello! if i had pics taken, after my pics were developed i would knock and say, "thank you."

Originally posted by shersidhe
    when i was little, i remember those quick photo booths where it takes 4 pics and spits them out about 3 minutes later. i used to think there was a "vertically challenged" person in there developing the pics and even when i wasn't getting pics taken and i would pass by them, i would knock and say hello! if i had pics taken, after my pics were developed i would knock and say, "thank you."
    Did Clay answer back "you're welcome!"?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread