+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking like a Child

Nope, he said it. Smart kid he is.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Wow, Bill. Smart kid, indeed! Someone takes after his uncle.

This thread is SO funny.

One night, around 6 or 7, I woke up and I heard ticking. I was CONVINCED that it was a bomb. So I was screaming hysterically for my parents but I didn't want them to come because I thought they would trigger it and the house would blow up. So there I was, screaming both for them to come and to stay away. Turned out it was a clock in the next room but because it was so quiet in the house, I had never heard it before. I seriously thought my dad was going to die as he ventured into the next room.

My sister, who slept on the bottom bunk of our bunkbed, slept throughout the whole commotion. I still remember being scared and crying. Out. of. my. mind.

I also remember being convinced that there were witches outside our window. Our room kind of looked overtop of the roof of the other part of the house, so there must have been some sort of shadows each night that had me convinced there were witches there. I was terrified to go to the washroom because the witches would get me. Why they would GET me, I'm not so sure.

I didn't sleep a lot as a kid.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    A friend of mine took his then 4 year old son to a high school football game. The announcer came over the PA announcing "Time out Broomfield." His son looked up at him seriously and asked "Daddy, what did the boys do that made them go to time out?" He thought they were in trouble!

FORT Fogey
    awwww wayner.. how funny

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The city where I live has several prisons close by. One of them has a huge farm run by minimum security inmates. When I was a kid driving by, I thought the cows were "bad cows" that wouldn't do what their original owner wanted, so they got sent to the prison farm.

When I was 5 or 6, I asked Santa Claus for a new teddy bear whose eyes would not pop out. I had a very well-loved teddy bear already whose right eye had popped out years before. I was very specific in my request.

On Christmas Day, I received this cute little orange beanbag teddy from Santa. I looked at it skeptically because the eyes didn't look all that special. I asked my dad if he was sure the eyes would not pop out of this teddy bear, and he assured me they would not.

That night, in my bed, I subjected the new teddy to the test. I tugged and pulled at its right eye with all my might. All of a sudden - DOIK! Damned if that eye didn't come right out of the teddy bear's head. In tears, I went to my parents and showed them the evidence of Santa's failure.

I was crushed, but - man - it's hysterical to think now of what must have been going through my parents' heads at that time.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I thought my parents could control the weather. WHen we were in the car my dad would say "rain stop" and it would stop. Then he said "rain go" and it would start to rain again.
    Years later I realized we were just driving under bridges.

FORT Fogey
    We got a volkswagen rabbit the year they came out,, and my dad would push the back defrost button (it was sort of this button with a wavy line on it) and then he would step on and off the brake and we thought that when he pushed that button it was the 'hop' button because we had a rabbit it could hop,,lol

Princess
    I really can't recall anything that I "believed" when I was a kid that wasn't true. How boring!

Very funny thread though - especially I like "believing that the old days were black and white" (Perc & firegirl)

+ Reply to Thread