+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking like a Child

I used to think that brocolli were little trees that grew from the ground. I'd call the little spud thingies on top the leaves. I also used to think that spaghetti grew on trees.

CB about the trees thing.

Growing up in NYC, when I was a kid I thought that actual royalty lived in Queens.

When I was very young, I remember thinking the Staten Island Ferry (FAIRY) looked like, well, Tinkerbell. My mom announced we were riding on the S.I. Fairy, and I asked her if all of us riding on her would break her wings.

Kylie that was great! Thanks for the laugh. I remember going on the ferry with my mother and her driving the car up on it. That was a great memory. And royalty in Queens! LOL Thanks for the laugh.

No problem, ClaraBella.

Another one I remembered, when I was little I thought you could "cut" your hair and make it longer.

FORT Fogey
    Oh kylie that is adorable!!!! I used to cut my dolls hair thinking it would grow back..lol I do the brocolli trick on my daughter..

I also believed the
    Toy story scenario,, like they came to life..

I used to think that inside all traffic lights were little people running up and down stairs flipping switches to change the colors of the lights!
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

FORT Fogey
    Summer!! funny,, I can see that.. cute!!! I thought that people were actually at the radio station playing the songs live,,
    and I too thought everything during my parents childhood was black and white

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I had a puzzle of the United States. When we flew back east for a visit, when we flew over fields and I saw their borders I thought they were the borders of the states. I couldn't figure out why the states were the wrong shape - and so small!

My kids were watching the news with us last year at this time when it was announced a half time appearance of Navy Seals coming into the stadium from a helicopter was cancelled because it was felt people would get upset. Which lead to this long conversation which ended with "why don't they send people in with the seals to explain to the audience what they are doing." My childern were positive a Navy Seal...was a Seal.

My kids are also positive I know everyone, force of habit, I say hello to older people, who tend to speak back. We were at a school event and someone was asking me if I knew a person who was accross the room and my youngest spoke up "Mom knows everyone, everybody talks to her."

I just recently found out my kids thought clicking on the turning signal made the car turn.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

When we lived in England we were watching something about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. My mom made the comment that the riots were "right in our back yard" at home.
    I of course told all my friends in England that the riots were in fact IN our back yard!

Years ago my friend brought her kids out to visit and when the older one (4 or 5) saw all the trees on the mountain she commented on all the "Broccoli"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread