+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Thinking like a Child

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I'm always thinking that the world is a better place. Without stress and everything... Well, obviously my world is so different from the freakin' world out there, but heck, let me just live in fantasy... Haha !

I'm surprised so many of you, as children, believed that all dogs were boys and all cats were girls. Funny, because I thought that you had to be an adult to find out that all men are dogs, and women are catty. *badum-ching*

But seriously, folks, I've never heard of that before. Not like I didn't have my share of odd, childhood notions.

Like Feif, I thought that the people in the TV could see me too, so for my favorite shows I would make sure to get dressed up all cute (like, I loved Moonlighting and I made sure I was in my best clothes for that every week).

Also, my family was religious, and of course I was always told Jesus is everywhere, Jesus loves you, Jesus is with you, etc. So I thought that made Jesus my buddy, like he was hangin' out with me all the time. So whenever I had a snack or something, I'd save some chips or cookies for Jesus. Jesus became my imaginary friend, just a thorn-crowned, emaciated, hippy-lookin' dude sitting next to me on the couch munching Chips Ahoy and watching MacGuyver.

The more I think about my childhood the more I realize what a freakshow I was...but not now, I'm all normal now, I swear!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Also, my family was religious, and of course I was always told Jesus is everywhere, Jesus loves you, Jesus is with you, etc. So I thought that made Jesus my buddy, like he was hangin' out with me all the time. So whenever I had a snack or something, I'd save some chips or cookies for Jesus. Jesus became my imaginary friend, just a thorn-crowned, emaciated, hippy-lookin' dude sitting next to me on the couch munching Chips Ahoy and watching MacGuyver.
    This is so damn cute.

OMG SFG I am dying laughing!!

I thought this was cute, some might not agree. Oh well

About this time last year my Great-Aunt passed away. She was a very kind and loving woman, so its no wonder that she was very popular. The church service was full to capasity. Standing room only. Everyone in my family was attending so I didn't have a sitter for my (then) 2 year old. Since it was just the church service with no viewing we decided to bite the bullet and take our daughter with us. She behaved very well ... until it was time to stand and sing the hymns. My daughter is an avid singer. She didn't know the words to the hymns. She decided she wanted to sing anyway. My darling 2 year old was able to drown out a church full of people with her rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. She didn't know the words but there was no way that little obstical was going to stop her from singing. LOL
    I'm sure my Aunt appreciated it
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok. I KNOW I have other quirky beliefs when I was younger, I just can't seem to get past this one...and I'm sorry that it's not as cute as everyone else's.

I really believed that our all our poop was stored in our buttcheeks. That if you cut into a cheek, it would be full of poop...........
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno,
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Oh my Maveno. That's...interesting.
    *Makes mental note to keep an eye on Maveno*
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

when i was little, i used to think that there were tiny people in those little instant photo booths that were rushing to develop your pictures for you. to this day, though i know there are no little people in there (yeah, i use know loosely here ) i still knock and say hello, or thank you or hurry. depends on my mood.

I love this thread, although I cannot come up with much that I believed when I was a kid. I remember my childhood very well, but I was a sceptic at a very young age. I remeber that I believed that lightningrods were put on houses to attract lightning so the lightning would strike them and not something else, but I belived that because my dad told me and I think he actually thought that was the explanation. There are some good explanations of science made by kids here: http://www.ijmc.com/archives/1998/July/15July1998.html These are sort of like the humor in this thread.

That's a great link, astrogirl

Every single statement in there is great!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

+ Reply to Thread