+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Thinking like a Child

I thought numbers and letters were male/female too!
    I also thought "barbed wire" was "bob wire" until my teens, and that "Cape Hatteras" was "Kay Patteras."
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    ***wipes tears from eyes***
    Geez, that's funny hepcat!

I asked my mother if she was a pioneer. (I think I pissed her off with that question.) I dunno, I just figured that we went from covered wagons straight to the 70's.

Remember those old Summer's Eve Douche ads? I remember my sister saying, "Yuck, I wouldn't drink that!"

Now that is funny!!

FORT Fogey
    I used to think the world was in black in white for my parents when they were young. I guess because of photos not being in color. I remember asking my mom when the color came.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    My kids didn't ask me about the pioneer thing , but they did ask if I had "pens" in school.
    Um yeah the inkwells had pretty much dried up by the 70's

My son's preschool does a different letter of the alphabet every week and they bring items that begin with the letter for show and tell. Today is the letter "J" and I asked my son what he wanted to bring. He said, "I wish I could bring my daddy." (Daddy's name is John and unfortunately, he's out of town.)
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

FORT Fogey
    Hey!! We are on letter J too.. only it is Kindergarten and they have to write words that have the J sound and cut out pictures of things that start w/a J. That is too cute Crazymom definately one for the baby book hall of quotes!

A big city near us has those buses that are 2 coaches long and connected by rubber. I think they're called articulated buses? Anyway, the first time my daughter saw one of those, she told me it was a catepillar bus.

Is it buses or busses? Both look wrong!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    We went to Oklahoma for something recently and they have a toll road we take on the way. My daughter got this wild eyed look and exclaimed "we have to pay to get into Oklahoma!" it was soo funny!

FORT Fogey
    Until a few years ago, I always thought the expression "Prima Donna" was "Pre-Madonna" I figured it was some crazy world in which people did not wear pointy bras and push boundarys. I was such a loser

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    My youngest daughter always liked to watch the Grace Under Fire tv show - and one time she was talking to my other daughter and me, and she was asking about Grace Underfire. We were baffled. Who is Grace Underfire?

Just a thought: these goffy kids are the people who will be running the world when the rest of us get too old to do it ourselves. Gives me nightmares.

Last night my 2 yr old daughter was eating some oranges that I had cut up for her. (actually they were clementines, but she calls them oranges) She finished what she had, did a few laps around the living room and spent a few minutes wreaking the kind of havoc only a 2 yr old can, after which she came back to me saying "more, more, more green" I started thinking to myself "WTF? and why don't you want to go to sleep yet" after a few more seconds of "more green, more green" now accompanied by foot stomping it clicked. She was calling the oranges "green". We've been teaching her her colors but she usually mixes them up, so she didn't distinguish between the fruit orange and the color orange and then confused it with the name of another color. I broke out laughing as Iwent to get her another one.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread