+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 153 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo;2851683;
    Recently saw a 7Up commercial and found it hilarious. the one with the rabbits try to hide the can that they stole from a young lady's fridge. It was unexpected when rabbit did that.
    I keep seeing this commercial a lot lately. And although I understand that apparently the rabbits got into a fridge and into some 7-Up cans, I don't get this commercial at all. My husband and I watched it a couple of times, both shaking our heads, neither of us 'getting it'.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2851781;
    I keep seeing this commercial a lot lately. And although I understand that apparently the rabbits got into a fridge and into some 7-Up cans, I don't get this commercial at all. My husband and I watched it a couple of times, both shaking our heads, neither of us 'getting it'.
    Me neither. Still find it hilarious because of unexpected action by a rabbit when trying to hide 7Up. Not every commercial is made to be understood by all... I guess
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

I saw one for a cell phone company, don't remember which though. The guy was playing pool and his phone was talking about how he is a dillweed and has no reception so he missed your call for the concert tonight. I just laughed at the Dillweed comment.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I don't love this commercial, per se, and it's quite unlikely that anyone will know, but I have to try. The new Axe commercial (young man keeps seeing women in their underwear) has a version of Can't Seem to Make you Mine that I really, really like. It doesn't appear to be the Seeds' or Alex Chilton version (at least the versions that I'm familiar with), and it's definitely not the Ramones, Garbage or Clientele version. Would anyone have any idea who does it?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I finally remembered the one I wanted to post - it is a Verizon commercial with that kind of dorky guy with the black glasses who heads the whole crowd of support guys. The new one has his wife going into labor and him rushing to the hospital in the back of a car with two other guys doing breathing exercises. I don't quite get what that has to do with Verizon, but putting him in a human situation like that is genius!
    Count your blessings!

I don't quite get what that has to do with Verizon, but putting him in a human situation like that is genius!
    They are putting him, and more importantly, through real-life scenarios, as becomes clear when the second half of the commercial is devoted to a woman in labor taking the same route with the same tunnel.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2853400;
    I saw one for a cell phone company, don't remember which though. The guy was playing pool and his phone was talking about how he is a dillweed and has no reception so he missed your call for the concert tonight. I just laughed at the Dillweed comment.
    Just saw the newest one of these. It features a father at sort of a "Lover's Lane" kind of place calling out for his daughter and searching every car and the "cell phone" part of her dad is telling her that because his phone won't work way up in the hills like that, he won't get her text message that she's spending the night at a friend's house and then the next morning she will be known as the girl who no one wants to date. Just as he says this the "real" father yells out her full name. Cell phone-dad says "Sorry honey."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2854404;
    I finally remembered the one I wanted to post - it is a Verizon commercial with that kind of dorky guy with the black glasses who heads the whole crowd of support guys. The new one has his wife going into labor and him rushing to the hospital in the back of a car with two other guys doing breathing exercises. I don't quite get what that has to do with Verizon, but putting him in a human situation like that is genius!
    This commercial is about the support (thus the support team) that the guy has going through this situation...even as the "head guy". His wife has her support team on the other end, too. Stressing their support team is one of Verizon's main selling points, remember.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't even get that it was husband and wife. I don't know what I thought but I never made that connection.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

No, not his wife. Just one of the millions of happy, smiling Verizon customers.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread