+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Commercials I love

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2780464;
    I don't know if this should be in the commericals I love or inappropriate commercials, but there is a dating service commercial on now (I think it's chemistry.com) that has the "rejects" from eharmony. I don't know why I find it so funny, but I do.
    I just think they could come up with a better way to advertise their dating service other than "reject". But I guess it sounds a tad better than "loser".
    my favorite is the one of the guy looking at the girlie magazine ... and then says "nope, still gay". i was rejected by eharmoney too, even after spending 30 minutes filling out the 'extensive personality interview' that they give, just to tell me at the end that they have no one to match me with. it's a well known fact around the net that eharmony and match.com are run by christians, so if you are gay, they reject ya.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2780689;
    my favorite is the one of the guy looking at the girlie magazine ... and then says "nope, still gay". i was rejected by eharmoney too, even after spending 30 minutes filling out the 'extensive personality interview' that they give, just to tell me at the end that they have no one to match me with. it's a well known fact around the net that eharmony and match.com are run by christians, so if you are gay, they reject ya.
    I've heard that about eharmony and match.com.

I just think that Chemistry.com could come up with a better way to advertise other than "reject". What struck me as funny was that that commercial wouldn't get me to go to chemistry.com, but I guess if I had tried the others then maybe I would. But as a first time user, it would not make me want to start off there.
    But that one you mention with the magazine is pretty funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2780924;
    I just think that Chemistry.com could come up with a better way to advertise other than "reject". What struck me as funny was that that commercial wouldn't get me to go to chemistry.com, but I guess if I had tried the others then maybe I would. But as a first time user, it would not make me want to start off there.
    I agree, mrd, that is a rather weird concept for advertising your services.... "come use us, we have lots of rejects to choose from."
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2780924;
    I've heard that about eharmony and match.com.

But that one you mention with the magazine is pretty funny.
    Actually, that ad probably would make me want to start there. While I'm reasonably content with who I am, I am also pretty sure I'm a reject in the eyes of a lot of men. So being a practical sort, I'd probably go where I had a better shot, and also where the men had a better idea of their place in the "hotness" hierarchy. No god's gifts for me, thank you very much .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2781863;
    Actually, that ad probably would make me want to start there. While I'm reasonably content with who I am, I am also pretty sure I'm a reject in the eyes of a lot of men. So being a practical sort, I'd probably go where I had a better shot, and also where the men had a better idea of their place in the "hotness" hierarchy. No god's gifts for me, thank you very much .
    While I understand the practicality, I do think its a tad demeaning to most people the way they advertise it.

And I've already got God's gift, so I don't need their services. (I say that humerously. I think he is a gift to me. He doesn't think he's god's gift to women. He's very down to earth and I doubt I would have found him at eharmony either.) I had to go to the woods to find him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2781944;
    While I understand the practicality, I do think its a tad demeaning to most people the way they advertise it.
    Yeah, maybe, but I think that the people who do register either will not have an overblown ego or will have a sense of humour. I've got to assume that since I find it funny, there have got to be at least a few men who do as well. Moot point, though, since I already have my own happy reject at home and even if I didn't, the idea of dating again just horrifies me. It was bad enough when I was young and could pretty much get by on my looks .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The Bridgestone ad that aired during the Super Bowl last night which featured a driver circumventing a deer then Alice Cooper on a dark winding road. It would have been a great commercial if they had ended with the driver stepping on the gas when he saw Richard Simmons instead of driving around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2782175;
    The Bridgestone ad that aired during the Super Bowl last night which featured a driver circumventing a deer then Alice Cooper on a dark winding road. It would have been a great commercial if they had ended with the driver stepping on the gas when he saw Richard Simmons instead of driving around him.
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm like "hit him"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

What was up with Richard Simmons having lipstick on??!! I don't recall ever seeing him wearing lipstick. I thought that commercial was great even though I agree they should have simulated hitting him!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2782175;

That cracked me up. I think that was my favorite commercial of the night.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread