+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 154 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Commercials I love

You reminded me of a guy I knew in college. There was a floor to ceiling glass wall that led into an office. This idiot walked dead into the glass (luckily it was very heavy and did not break)......BIG NOISE! This fool couldn't believe what had just happened, backed up and slammed into it again!! The whole lobby came to a standstill, and everybody's chin was on the floor!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2770490;
    You reminded me of a guy I knew in college. There was a floor to ceiling glass wall that led into an office. This idiot walked dead into the glass (luckily it was very heavy and did not break)......BIG NOISE! This fool couldn't believe what had just happened, backed up and slammed into it again!! The whole lobby came to a standstill, and everybody's chin was on the floor!!
    He did it twice? Slow learner huh?

I walked into a sliding glass door that had been open all night and right after I went out, my husband or daughter shut it. I walked dead into at a good clip and bounced backwards. It made a huge noise and I also broke my nose. My entire face was imprinted on the glass.
    And about a fraction of a second before I hit, I realized something was very wrong, but of course, too late to stop my momentum.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

When I was a teenager my friend and I were outside of a little arcade that had a sliding glass door. We were looking at a really cute boy that was alone inside. For whatever reason I got this really big boost of confidence and I stood up and started walking toward the door. My friend asked what I was doing and confidently I said I was going to go talk to the boy. I proceded up to the door, slid it closed and then walked right into it. Like MRD said that is one loud noise. The boy jumped and looked at me and there I was dazed and confused trying to figure out what just happend as my friend was behind me trying not to pee her pants from laughing so hard. Needless to say I never did meet the boy. I walked out of range and then died laughing.

I remember walking into the glass wall of a store in a mall. The reflections were so bad I didn't realize what happened.

I've also walked into those mirror walls at the amusement park. Ow. Those hurt.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2769776;
    I love the new Domino's 30 minute commercial with the husband and wife - he tells her they have 30 minutes til their pizza gets there, and suddenly appears dressed suggestively, saying "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She says yes...but what are we going to do with the other 28 minutes?

Ouch.
    i agree, that one is hilarious! one of my favs right now...

I saw that one for the first time yesterday and I laughed. All I could think of was Grease. "What are you going to do with the other 23 hours and 45 minutes?"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I love baby diaper commercials. Especially ones where they highlight the babies on the move....they make me laugh.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I love the Cheetos commercial in the laundry.
    where there is a b-lady being rude to a girl eating cheetos.

and the 'cat' shows up and says -
    "felicia, those are her whites in the dryer"

and feclicia puts a handful of cheetos in the dryer.

Love it. but I'm warped.

MRD

I don't know if this should be in the commericals I love or inappropriate commercials, but there is a dating service commercial on now (I think it's chemistry.com) that has the "rejects" from eharmony. I don't know why I find it so funny, but I do.
    I just think they could come up with a better way to advertise their dating service other than "reject". But I guess it sounds a tad better than "loser".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love the commercial that comes up every year, just before Lent, where the man shrimp is eating something, and his wife comes up and asks what he's got. He tells her it's popcorn, that it's really good, and offers her some. She tries it and says it's not popcorn.....then she says something like, "Wait! Where are the kids???" They both hesitate, and then they both start screaming!!! That cracks me up every time!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread