+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 154 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Commercials I love

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2612420;
    It's cute

There is a beer commercial (for Bud Light?) where a couple of guys are stuck at the opera, but one of them came prepared with bottles of beer that he smuggled in under his jacket. Just as he and his buddy are getting ready to enjoy them, the soprano hits a high note and shatters the bottles A couple of rows forward is a guy who tips them off to bring cans next time
    I like that one too Newf....Budweiser always has good commercials that make me laugh!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I've seen one that I forget the exact point of, but they are going to give this guy a pet; choice of beagle, python or goat. The dude says "where's the goat? Well, the beagle is in the backyard, and so is the python--crawling around with a huge (goat sized) lump in the middle.
    It's something about choices, Meineke mufflers I think!

About the abused animal 'angel" one--it always makes me cry when I see it
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'll be honest, since we DVR almost all of our shows and then watch them later - thereby fastforwarding through all of the commercials - y'all have mentioned some that I haven't seen yet!

But, there are two commercials that I absolutely LOVE and I will actually stop my DVR to watch them.

The first is for Comcast Digital phone service, and it's a guy standing in his boxers talking on the phone, and he is covered in tiger stripes. You hear a Chinese-sounding guy on the other end of the phone say something like "Stop calling - I've already told you, tattoos are permanent." And the guy says, "Yes, but that was before - now I'm calling you on my Comcast Digital phone." And then the guy says, "Sorry Roger, you tiger now!" Cracks me up every time! And every now and then - for no reason at all - Mr. C or I will turn to the other one and say, with the same accent, "Sorry Roger, you tiger now!"

The second one is a woman in the shower and they keep cutting away to a grandfather clock moving closer and closer, then it opens the door and you see it in the bathroom, and then you hear the toilet flush and the woman screams - as all of the cold water is sucked out and she gets slammed with the hot water. The voiceover says, "Time is not your friend." I can't remember what they are advertising - maybe Oil of Olay - but I just can't help but laugh!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I dont even know what this commercial is for as I only catch it at the end, but I love it anyway! This little dog is barking and its owner says, 'use your indoor voice', and the little dog dog barks very softly. Its so cute.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The scene opens on a woman, walking at a fairly rapid pace, pushing a baby in a shopping cart....a serious and determined look on her face. The next thing you see she is at a brisk run while pushing the shopping cart with the baby....and then the camera pulls back and you see that she is on a treadmill!! She's apparently in training for a sale at Meijers!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A cute one that I've been seeing lately is for Jeep. A guy is driving his jeep and singing along with "Rock Me Gently". Suddenly, all these wild animals (a chipmunk or something, and a couple of birds) get in through the sun roof and start singing with him. Then a wolf jumps in and eats one of the birds then lets the bird out and they all start singing the song. So funny. Only problem is every time I see that commercial, I get the song in my head! Another one that I really really love right now is the new one for Staples (Easy Button). It's a law firm with 8 names. The guy's like "Every time we print our name, we use a ton of ink. So we're abbreviating it. He reveals their new sign and all their names abbreviated spells "D.I.N.G.B.A.T.S" That gets me every time.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2620274;
    The scene opens on a woman, walking at a fairly rapid pace, pushing a baby in a shopping cart....a serious and determined look on her face. The next thing you see she is at a brisk run while pushing the shopping cart with the baby....and then the camera pulls back and you see that she is on a treadmill!! She's apparently in training for a sale at Meijers!!!
    the meijer commercials have been amusing me for quite a while ... they have a very creative advertising team

I saw one for Quizno's subs today that had me laughing... a guy at work asks a colleague why he's still eating the same old lunch and lets him have some of his Quizno sub. The colleague says, "Eeeeeeeeee" and the first guy tells him to stop. Then the guy goes, "Pppppppppp" and is told to stop. Then, "Rrrrrrrrrr" and says "It's been so long since I've had something this good, I forget which letter to use!" and a voice over with graphic says, "Mmmmmmmmm" . I was a little slow, because until then I didn't get where they were going with the commercial.
    Count your blessings!

I love the Dairy Queen commercial for their flameburgers. Four staff are sitting around a table eating them but breathing in every time they talk. One asks why they can't breathe out and the one guy says because flames will come out of your mouth. Then flames start coming out of everyones mouths as they forget to inhale as they talk. Funny.

I LOVE the one for IAMs kitty food that has the tabby "tabs" laying on his back curled up in the arms of a man on the couch. They don't want to disturb lil Tabs when the phone rings. It's for sensitive tummy food. Too Cute!

Then there's one for a Ford truck. Two geeky guys are looking at it in a showroom and discussing it's prowess. As soon as they get into the truck, they have huge muscles, big chests, thick necks and look great!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

One I love, but I almost cry everytime I watch it, is for i think the ASPCA, with Sarah Mclaughlin. I am a sucker for those.

Also, one for... Maybe Dairy Queen? Two scientists are amazed at something, and then you see a group of chimpanzee stand up and start doing RiverDance style stuff... but the scientists are really marvelling at a burger.

And there are two RedBull commercials that the sick, twisted animation student in me adores. The one with the large, tall mommy dog being followed my short, floppy eared puppies. Then the dad, a basset hound, follows, and he drinks a can of RedBull, his tail stands up tall, and he grows wings. The other one is a guy who gets pooped on by a bird, so he drinks a can of RedBull. The guy grows wings, flies above the bird. It cuts to the birdy, who flips out, and you hear a zipper being undone.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread