+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 153 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

Dairy Queen has a cute commerical out right now. A guy is eating chicken strips, and his dog is begging for one, which he gets. Instead of eating it, he continues to whine until he is allowed to dip it in the dipping sauce.

Another that I like is a promo for PBS. It opens with a guy in a photo booth--you can't see exactly what he is doing, but he is fairly animated as the flashes go off. The next scene shows him clipping the snapshots apart, and it closes with him flipping through the photos in sync with an operatic recording.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Newf, I love those PBS commercials! The "Be More..." commercials? I love the one with the little girl who sets her alarm to get up in the middle of the night, runs to the barn with her flashlight, slowly raises it into the window like a rising sun, waking the rooster to see if he'll crow. And the one of the guy recording himself on those large audio reels, sounding like he's speaking nonsense, but then he switches the reels and plays it back and it says, "Man, so-and-so, you're so cool. How'd you do that?" He'd recorded himself saying it backwards...

The commercial itself I don't like, but there's one part of the new texting plan. I forget for what network, but anyways, the Mom is mad at her kids for their outrageous texting amounts then she says "And you, you should know better"... the screen turns to the grandma and she says "IDK my BFF Rose". For some reason I think that is just cute.

Premium Member

I love the Baskin Robbins one where the dad tells his son, "if you don't finish your peas we are NOT going to Baskin Robbins for Oreo sundaes." The mom's eyes get real big as she turns and looks at him, then she grabs the boy's plate and starts scooping his peas into her mouth with her hand.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2569404;
    Dairy Queen has a cute commerical out right now. A guy is eating chicken strips, and his dog is begging for one, which he gets. Instead of eating it, he continues to whine until he is allowed to dip it in the dipping sauce.

Another that I like is a promo for PBS. It opens with a guy in a photo booth--you can't see exactly what he is doing, but he is fairly animated as the flashes go off. The next scene shows him clipping the snapshots apart, and it closes with him flipping through the photos in sync with an operatic recording.
    I just saw that DQ one last night and just howled at it. The dog is too cute. Our dogs would not care if they got to dip it in anything, it would have been gone before they knew there even was sauce!

Marleybone, I love that one too. The mom just crams all the peas in her mouth and the kid is sitting there stunned. Too funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2570037;
    The commercial itself I don't like, but there's one part of the new texting plan. I forget for what network, but anyways, the Mom is mad at her kids for their outrageous texting amounts then she says "And you, you should know better"... the screen turns to the grandma and she says "IDK my BFF Rose". For some reason I think that is just cute.
    Even funnier if your teenage daughter has been randomly inserting "IDK, my BFF Jill" into conversations ever since the original commercial came out. When I saw the grandma/Rose one I cracked up.

I saw one last night about the original Cabbage Patch doll who is now grown up and a has-been famous child. But he uses product (car insurance?) and can now afford to enter dancing with the stars and is famous again - all done with a life-size Cabbage Patch doll costume.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never gotten over the "Mr. Barky Von Schnauzer" commercial. It is so geeky, it just kills me!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2574448;
    Even funnier if your teenage daughter has been randomly inserting "IDK, my BFF Jill" into conversations ever since the original commercial came out. When I saw the grandma/Rose one I cracked up.

I saw one last night about the original Cabbage Patch doll who is now grown up and a has-been famous child. But he uses product (car insurance?) and can now afford to enter dancing with the stars and is famous again - all done with a life-size Cabbage Patch doll costume.
    Haha, I haven't seen that one, but I have see the Flinstones one where Fred saved all the mony on car insurance so Wilma can have that lovely necklace of hers.

I like the Beverly Hills one, it wasn't Texas Tea it was Jed switching to Geico.

I want to see the pea commercial!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread