+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 153 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

I'm sorry, I can't remember the name of the gum being advertised in this commercial, but the commercial itself just makes me laugh every time I see it. It's kind of silly, actually, but for some reason I love it.

It's the Keep Goulet Away commercial, set in an office workplace. And it shows Robert Goulet is a cheesy red turtleneck dancing around in the office, chewing up the guy's notes/paperwork and generally being a mischevious imp.

"At 3pm when you're energy is low, Robert Goulet comes and messes with your stuff. Keep Goulet away with something gum". And as the office guy pops the gum in his mouth as Robert Goulet is about to 'mess with his stuff', Goulet sees him do it, the guy turns around thinking someone is there, and the camera pans to Robert Goulet crawling on the ceiling to get away.

I think Robert Goulet's a great sport to be in the commercial, and think it's a really funny idea. Who'd have thought Robert Goulet was the one messing with our work stuff in the afternoon?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I saw a Pet Smart commercial that I really like. A big bruiser of a bulldog is standing with his toy in his mouth when his people put a baby bulldog in front of him and tell him it's his new sister. He stares at her for a few seconds, and then drops his toy and nudges it over to her.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2554824;
    I saw a Pet Smart commercial that I really like. A big bruiser of a bulldog is standing with his toy in his mouth when his people put a baby bulldog in front of him and tell him it's his new sister. He stares at her for a few seconds, and then drops his toy and nudges it over to her.
    Those bulldogs are just the sweetest things
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2554636;
    I'm sorry, I can't remember the name of the gum being advertised in this commercial, but the commercial itself just makes me laugh every time I see it. It's kind of silly, actually, but for some reason I love it.

It's the Keep Goulet Away commercial, set in an office workplace. And it shows Robert Goulet is a cheesy red turtleneck dancing around in the office, chewing up the guy's notes/paperwork and generally being a mischevious imp.

"At 3pm when you're energy is low, Robert Goulet comes and messes with your stuff. Keep Goulet away with something gum". And as the office guy pops the gum in his mouth as Robert Goulet is about to 'mess with his stuff', Goulet sees him do it, the guy turns around thinking someone is there, and the camera pans to Robert Goulet crawling on the ceiling to get away.

I think Robert Goulet's a great sport to be in the commercial, and think it's a really funny idea. Who'd have thought Robert Goulet was the one messing with our work stuff in the afternoon?

Nemeses, I get a kick out of that commercial too. Who knew that Robert Goulet could walk on the ceiling and do all those flips

By the way the snack is some kind of nuts, not gum.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2554957;
    By the way the snack is some kind of nuts, not gum.
    Ahhh, nuts!

Thanks catmom Shows you how funnily distracting the Robert Goulet can be -- I can remember the commercial almost word for word, except for the product being advertised!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I think NASCAR is one of the most boring events on TV, but there are a few commercials about it where the Geico driver's nephew is saying that he would put that guy into the wall if they were racing that may just be the best commercial I've ever seen. The only ones to challenge it are the...

Dairy cow commercials about cheese. These are all beyond brilliant and I love them all.

The Nationwide commercials (life comes at you fast) were brilliant at first, but have lately been stupid and barely watchable.

The rollover minutes commercial about the mom finding the "old minutes" thrown in the trash is great!

So that's how Roger Clemens decided to return to baseball!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love any AFLAC commercial!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2555076;
    I love any AFLAC commercial!
    My fella works for AFLAC and I have a small army of stuffed ducks from all those commercials...I love the commericals too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

for those of us in the midwest, we have a chain of stores named "meijer" ... and they're currently running a commercial that cracks me up everytime i see it.

young boy playing in the sand on the beach, sees a pencil wash up on the beach next to him. next, a ruller washes up. then a pad of paper.

cut to white screen with two words: "school's coming"

back to the boy on the screen, with a old mean-looking teacher sitting in the water, having been washed up also.

cut back to white screen with one word: "sorry"

i love it!

I'm laughing so hard because I am a middle school teacher working as a lifeguard for the summer and the look on the faces of my students who have come to the beach... fact is stranger than fiction sometimes.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread