+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 153 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Commercials I love

I like the one where the guy is talking to "his" girlfriend and the call drops out and he says, "Cat got your tongue??"....."Earl got your tongue??"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just saw that JCPenney commercial the other night, and I love it too. It reminds me of the Hallmark commercials that used to be so touching.
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2386387;
    I love those commercials too Uncle David. "Did you feel like we had a connection?" Long uncomfortable pause. "Like a brother and sister."!
    The one I relate to best is the woman talking to her boss about getting a promotion. I love her goofy voice when she says, "I guess you'll just have to promote me." And then the look of panic during the long pause as she tries to think of a way to back pedal.
    I love all of 'drop calls' commercials, but this one in particular just cracks me up every time I see it. If I'm not mistaken she is a regular on Thank God You're Here.

One of the sweetest commercials is one for dog food with Frank Sinatra singing in the background as dogs are shown jumping in pools with little boys, lounging around, etc. They also have one for cats that *almost* as cute.

Lastly, I love the guy who decides to get in shape, and chooses fruit for breakfast instead of a donut, buys running shoes, while Bob Dylan sings The Times They are A-Changin' in the background. He's very unassuming, and has some hilarious facial expressions. I don't even know what they're selling, but I love it - maybe it's Nike?
    Last edited by roseskid; 05-13-2007 at 02:41 AM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I haven't seen it in ages, but the one I really love is the flea protection medicine where the puppy is at summer camp and he sings a version of the "hello mother, hello father" song. It's so cute!

I love the one for Fallon health where the parents have just put their baby down to sleep and they go to turn on the TV. When they turn it on, it's really loud so they quickly turn it off and are disappointed to hear that they've woken up the baby. So they play "Rock, Scissors, Paper" to decide who will go up to rock the baby. Dad loses so he goes up to the nursery. He shows the baby the Fallon insurance card and the baby stops crying. Once back downstairs, the mother says "You used the card." Dad denies it and mom says "Cheater." Every time I see that I laugh.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

"Who's the funny moooose?!" - Montannas Smoke House. again.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I love the Target commercials. I haven't seen one lately though. The songs they pick go well with the commercial. They get stuck in my head though: "A little bit 'mo, a little bit 'mo."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I just saw a commercial for Traveler's Insurance where they are re-attaching rabbit's feet charms to rabbits. Cute!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I like that one too, Uncle David, especially the swimming bunny.
    I don't know if they have these ads anywhere else, but there's a big plumbing company in my state that advertises "don't hire a monkey with a wrench" and stars all these monkeys getting out of a van and 'going to work' on someones home. I don't know how much is real and what's computer generated, but it's funny stuff!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

The new Subway commercial is funny! The guy and his gal are at a fast food drive thru and he orders a double chin and flubber...she orders thunder thighs and a ba-donkey donk butt! I was laughing so hard!

the phone commercial with the texting tween is so last decade... it's all predictive text now.. no need to type in code :}

My favs are the Mac commercials...
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread