+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 154 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

The Wingman commercial is hilarious. I also laugh every time I see the AFLAC duck (for some odd reason)

There's another commercial that cracks me up - it's for a car manufacturer (Volkswagon?). There's a guy staking out a silver car and all of a sudden he sees another couple coming out to look at the car so he decided to lick the door handle to 'claim' it. I laugh every time I see it.

Leo
    Premium Member
    There's this one for HSBC, a multinational bank which I just love. You can watch it here, but here's the basic setup:

There's this Brit at a Chinese restaurant. He's sitting at a long table with a bunch of Chinese businessmen. The meal: sea eel soup. Then the voiceover says: the British believe it's a slur on your host's food if you don't clear your plate. So the guy finishes up the soup. Then the voiceover says: whereas the Chinese feel you're questioning their generosity if you do. While the V/O is saying that, the Chinese boss is speaking to a waiter - in Chinese. Then they come back with a bigger eel, which they show to the Brit before they cook it. It's about 3 feet long. while the V/O goes on to promote the bank itself. Then, the Brit finishes off the second bowl. Everyone looks shocked. Then the boss shouts for an even bigger eel - one so large they need two people to bring it in. And the commercial ends.

Love that ad. My description doesn't do it justice, go and watch it.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I think hooking up Justin Timberlake and having him do a song that has the same advertising words as you have is a splendid idea. McDonald's are clever.

I'd say the same thing, only in a very sarcastic tone.

I personally hate most McDonald's ads. I like Justin, but this new campaign is absolute garbage. I hate the way Justin says McDonalds, but I've said that in another thread. Bears repeating though....
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I like the cotton commercials with people just being happy wearing cotton! Also the Levi dance commercials.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I forgot one of my faves - for Visa Check Card with Kevin Bacon and he has to play the "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" game so they know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I forgot one of my faves - for Visa Check Card with Kevin Bacon and he has to play the "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" game so they know who he is.

Yes! That's a great one!

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    Oh, I thought of another one. The credit card commercial with the lady who comments on everyone's credit card because they're personalized. I can't remember the company though. I love it when she's does this Irish accent and says "Top of the morning to ya!" and then she's like "I'm not British, but I sound like it, don't I?" The whole commercial's hilarious though.
    That would be Bank One, my employer

Look out here I come!!!! jodimax's Avatar
    My favorite of all time is the Joe Boxer commercials—the smile on his face is pricelss- I just start giggling the minute he starts to dance…

The one for Value City (I am not sure if it is a local commercial or not) But it is these 2 kids dragging their mom out of the clothing section (she is screaming and crying “ I want boots…. I don’t want to gooo… I neeeed a DREEEESSSSSS) ok well maybe it is one that you just have to see- you’d laugh if you saw it

And the ones for Playstation 2 with Tracy Morgan from SNL---wahda whada whaaa….. Every day I do…

There's a really funny commercial I hear on the radio. A teenage kid and his father are wandering through what sounds like a big box store. The kid is begging incessantly for things ("Can I get this CD?") and the father always says no. I can't remember all the different things but they're really funny. At one point the kid says, "How about Battle Monkey?" "Battle Monkey?" "Battle Monkey Warriors!" "NO."

Finally the kid says, "How about this book?"
    The father pauses then says, "A book. Okay."

It's an ad for Yahooligans book club. I just like the idea of Battle Monkey existing somewhere.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread