+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 154 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

MRD

Re: Commercials I love

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2362108;
    Ditto to the two above.
    I was actually coming here to mention the Hillshire Farm one.
    Anemone, are you HONGRY? Cause your mama says you are!

I wonder how long before that one gets on my nerves because right now, its my new favorite and I love it!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2361699;
    Who the hell started that lucky rabbit's foot anyway?!?!?
    good question. i thought i'd go look it up and wikipedia says:

The belief originates in the system of African-American folk magic known as hoodoo. A number of strictures attached to the charm that are now observed mostly in the breach:

1. First, not any old foot from a rabbit will do: it is the left hind foot of a rabbit that is useful as a charm.

2. Second, not any left hind foot of a rabbit will do; the rabbit must have been shot or otherwise captured in a cemetery.

3. Third, at least according to some sources, not any left hind foot of a rabbit shot in a cemetery will do: the phase of the moon is also important. Some authorities say that the rabbit must be taken in the full moon, while others hold instead that the rabbit must be taken in the new moon. Some sources say instead that the rabbit must be taken on a Friday, or a rainy Friday, or Friday the 13th. Some sources say that the rabbit should be shot with a silver bullet, while others say that the foot must be cut off while the rabbit is still alive.

4. Fourth, according to still more sources, not just any left hind foot cut off a live rabbit shot with a silver bullet in a cemetery during a full moon on a rainy Friday the 13th will do; the marksman must also be cross-eyed.
    interesting .... the rest of the info can be found at the site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit's_foot

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Holy Crap! This'll really test my mother's patience.. now I have to have a one on one about me growing up Hoodoo. Next April Fool's. hehe

What an odd thing to have go "main stream". Thanks barefootdyke! Oh, and the commercial is way wrong then, because all the lucky feet they had reattached were on the front paws.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2362378;
    Anemone, are you HONGRY? Cause your mama says you are!

I wonder how long before that one gets on my nerves because right now, its my new favorite and I love it!

MRD - this cracked me up. I haven't seen that commercial but when my nephew was just learning to speak, he used to shriek that he was "HONGRY" at the top of his lungs. It's a family joke now. My Mom calls me and says "Are you HONGRY? Let's get together for lunch..."
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2364592;
    MRD - this cracked me up. I haven't seen that commercial but when my nephew was just learning to speak, he used to shriek that he was "HONGRY" at the top of his lungs. It's a family joke now. My Mom calls me and says "Are you HONGRY? Let's get together for lunch..."
    Oh, so you can REALLY say: "cause your mama says your hongry"

One of my first few dates with my husband, he took me rabbit hunting. In the cemetery. No lie! Little did I know, we could have used the rabbit's foot. We didn't get any rabbits that day, but talk about a redneck date.
    And I not only went out with him AGAIN, but married him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find myself missing that Asian woman that "whoops" in the Hillshire commercial. She's so cute! It just doesn't seem right without her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I finally saw the rabbit one. It's for Traveler's Insurance. I like the Beniful commercial. Okay I love any commercial that has cute animals in it (kittens, dogs, rabbits) I still remember one from a long time ago for Visa Check card where this guy went to a pet store with his daughter and they wanted to buy a couple of bunnies but he was paying by check so it was taking forever because they have to clear it with the bank. Every time the scene changed, there were more and more bunnies and by the end of the ad the store was rampant with them and the owner of the store thought one bunny was the phone and put it to his ear and said "I have to call this in."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I Is Stephanie

Oh, I love the rabbit one too! The cute wittle bunnies swimming...I want a bunny now!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I like the commercial where the tween is talking to her mom about her cell phone bill, but she's talking in acronyms. She says something about "my bff Jill" but she totally is talking in "texting" type talk. The mother is yelling about the cell phone (texting) bill and she has no idea what the daughter is saying.

it's hard to explain, but it makes me laugh because that is so going to be me and my daughter someday

I Is Stephanie

Oh, it is me and my mom! Only whereas she says "get off the computer now," I reply gaily "Yeah, w/e. Brb."

I don't know if it's national, but there's this new gas station thingy, Beyond Petrolium. They have the corniest commercials with cartoon toddlers driving cars, with this really happy music in the background. I hate it so much, but I have to dance when it comes on.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread