+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 154 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

That family was a finalist on America's Funniest Home Videos a few years ago. That commercial is the video they submitted. I can't remember if they won.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I just knew I saw that kid doing that before, but I couldn't remember where. Thanks, cricketeen!

Geico cavemen may get own TV series

I know some you don't like the Geico cavemen but I love them. And now this...

Geico cavemen may get own TV series - TELEVISION - MSNBC.com

NEW YORK - Those Geico “cavemen” shouldn’t be so upset after all — they may get their own television series.

ABC said Friday it had ordered a pilot for a comedy, tentatively titled “Cavemen,” that features the characters used in a series of ads by the insurance company.

In the ads, cavemen appear insulted by a Geico pitchman’s claim that the company’s Web site is so easy to use that “even a caveman can do it.”

The potential series, one of 14 pilots that will be produced by Touchstone Television this spring, features the cavemen as they “struggle with prejudice on a daily basis as they strive to live the lives of normal thirty-somethings in 2007 Atlanta.”

It’s unusual for characters from an advertising campaign to move into shows of their own, but not unprecedented. The CBS comedy “Baby Bob” featured a talking baby that had been used in several advertisements, according to Daily Variety.

The advertising copywriter who helped create the “cavemen” ads is writing the pilot, the studio said.

A pilot order is no guarantee a show will make it on the air; in fact, the majority of pilots don’t make it that far.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i just saw mention of that on cnn. i'm not sure how i feel about it. while i've been amused by some of their commercials, i'm not sure there's enough to be a series. i guess we'll see....

I saw one twice last night with an elderly couple going through their day sniping at each other. Then at dinner he turns to her and says, "Did you get a haircut?" and she puts her hand on his arm and says she glad he noticed and they're all gooey eyed at each other. It is for Shaws Supermarket. They're just so darned cute.
    Count your blessings!

I LOL'd so hard this afternoon at the commercial for Sonic's banana shake.
    The one where the wife says it's so good she feels like she should be eating it with a wooden mixing spoon. The husband's reaction to that was so funny
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I really like the new blondes vs. brunettes commercials. I'm not sure the brand, but I really enjoy them.

At least my Mom thinks I'm pretty.

The first time I saw the blond side, I was shocked and offended. Then I saw the brunette half a few days later and

Ohhhh, now I get it
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I love the one with both blondes and brunettes when the brunette is talking about how wonderful they are and picks up a book and says "and we can read."

It's Sunsilk, by the way.

I love the Fav 5 (cell phone ad)
    The girl: Says who her favorite 5 were.....(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) .. then the
    brother: Says he has the same 5 "You`re friends are REALLY HOT!!!"
    The girl: (Looks at Dad) "Aren`t you going to do anything?"
    Dad: Says "Maybe you need UGLIER friends." LOL

~~ Love that one.....

+ Reply to Thread