+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 153 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I like this one where a woman gets something into her eye and ends up wondering into the mens bathroom.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I was going to post about the pizza commercial. The big eyed guy cracks me up too.

Ack that pizza commercial annoys me. But it did remind me of one that I love! The Raisin bran crunch? commercial where 2 guys are arguing over what makes the Raisin bran so good. Guy 1 says something like, "it's because of the crunchy things. See how big the word crunch is on the box"
    Guy 2 insists it's the bran or something... because it comes before Crunch on the box. Then Guy 3 pipes in "I like it because inside the word Kellogs is the word "ello"... like the greeting Ello Guvna" The other 2 just stare blankly at him.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2249061;
    Ack that pizza commercial annoys me. But it did remind me of one that I love! The Raisin bran crunch? commercial where 2 guys are arguing over what makes the Raisin bran so good. Guy 1 says something like, "it's because of the crunchy things. See how big the word crunch is on the box"
    Guy 2 insists it's the bran or something... because it comes before Crunch on the box. Then Guy 3 pipes in "I like it because inside the word Kellogs is the word "ello"... like the greeting Ello Guvna" The other 2 just stare blankly at him.
    I love that commercial!!!! I like the Domino's one too with the big eyes and stuff. I know I've mentioned this before but I love it so much that I have to mention it again. All the talking lion Taco Bell commercials. Especially the "Carrrrrne Esada" one. "Sexy. Like Ricardo Montalban" That cracks me up!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2249179;
    ...I know I've mentioned this before but I love it so much that I have to mention it again. All the talking lion Taco Bell commercials. Especially the "Carrrrrne Esada" one. "Sexy. Like Ricardo Montalban" That cracks me up!
    that one's hilarious

One question that's been asked a lot in this thread, and something I've wondered about too, is whether the actor in the Kay Jewelers commercial is Danny Glover. I was never sure, because if he wasn't, the actor is a spitting image of Danny. I finally decided to just email Kay Jewelers and ask them, so we could know for certain. Here's the email reply I received today:

Your customer service representative is: Dan Veverka
    Summary: kay.com - Contact Customer Relations
    Dear {my r/l name deleted here},

Thank you for visiting the Kay web site. I have received and reviewed your inquiry about one of our television commercials. Although we have received thousands of emails from viewers asking the same question, unfortunately, the individual in the commercial you are referencing is not Danny Glover. We do recognize the amazing similarity to Mr. Glover. These commercials are created by an private advertising firm out of New York and use independent actors. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via e-mail.

Sincerely,

Dan Veverka
    Customer Relations
    Ok, so now I know for sure. Judging by the email, apparently lots of people who see the commercial thought he was Danny Glover, also. So I guess that means this guy could make a good living being Danny's stand-in.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    wow, i'm impressed ... i never thought about emailing them directly, but it appears lots of people have! hahaha, even my ex husband, who loves his movies (especially the lethal weapon series) was sure it was him! thanks for checking on that! and i agree ... he could make quite a living being a danny glover impersonator!

I really like the World Mastercard commercial. The one where the couple is getting married and fly their parents in. I believe the bride's family is from Hong Kong (please correct me if I'm wrong) and the groom's family is from Chicago. It's this cute, but awkward first meeting. Ack, I'm not doing a very good job describing it, but that's the gist of it.

You described it nicely, canadian_angel, I know just the one you're talking about, and it is cute

Another one that I really love isn't actually a new commercial, I first saw it a year or so ago, but they've just started re-airing it again... it's the commercial for 3M privacy filters. It shows a guy in a yellow sweater sitting in the middle seat on a plane, typing on his laptop. On each side of him sits other guys who peek over to read what he's typing. The typer looks over to catch the guy on his left looking, who quickly looks away.. meanwhile the guy on his right turns to read what was written. So the typer then looks over to that guy, and the guy back on his left returns to reading what he typed. And so it goes back and forth. I love that commercial.

The commercial is called Synchronized Snooping.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 02-22-2007 at 02:06 AM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I like the commercial where the child is naming the presidents of the United States.

+ Reply to Thread