+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 152 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    that older guy is danny glover, isn't it? i do love that commercial too.

i really like the alltel commercials, with the four guys representing the other phone services. the newest one about the text messages is a hoot ... the one guy has his phone on vibrate and he's just smiling away.

It doesn't look like Glover to me.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm a total sucker for the newest Mac Vs. PC commercials. As a proud PC owner, I love laughing at the silliness of them. I believe there are 3 or 4 of them: Windows Vista Security, Sabotage, Tech Support, and Surgery.

Oy. Those commercials are so absurd. We were an all MAC classroom in school... and one I graduated and went PC, I never went back. My inlaws have Macs and it is painful for me to have to do anything on them.

So hubby and I watch those commercials and just laugh.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I like the butterfly from the Lunesta commercial. I wish it would fly into my room at night. It looks so tranquil.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

The Capital One "yep, your house is infested with bankers" ad makes me laugh every time I see it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

We like almost all of the Capital One ads.
    "Burn the village to the ground, dooh dah, dooh dah" - gets my kids every time.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

The amazing thing about these funny Capital One ads is that people are actually remembering that they're for Capital One. I rarely remember what the more interesting ads are for, however I've never even seen the apparently annoying Head On ad and I know exactly what they're trying to sell.

Anyway, kudos to Capital Ones ad agency.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2240885;
    that older guy is danny glover, isn't it? i do love that commercial too.
    No, it's not him.

There's a new Pizza commercial (Domino's maybe) that I really like. It starts with a guy and his huge nose talking about how great the smell is, then some guy with a giant mouth starts to argue that its about the taste...blah blah blah, then it cuts to another guy with great big eyes "look at all that cheese" and as the commercial is ending it shows some other guy outside with big ears "Wow that sounds great" or something similar. Its not that great until you see the guy with the big eyes, he makes me laugh every time.

+ Reply to Thread