+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 154 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Okay. I was just reminded of another commercial that I really love. The H&R Block Tax cut software commercial where the husband says "We're being audited." The wife says "Maybe we should call the people who did our taxes. Oh, we didn't use people. We used a box."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2219087;
    Okay. I was just reminded of another commercial that I really love. The H&R Block Tax cut software commercial where the husband says "We're being audited." The wife says "Maybe we should call the people who did our taxes. Oh, we didn't use people. We used a box."
    i just saw that one last night ... HILARIOUS!

LOVE that commercial! "Honey, ask the box what we should do now"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

We use Tax Cut. Mainly because we don't own any property and our taxes are easy enough to do. H&R Block and other preparers charge an arm and a leg now for the simplest forms. I want to keep as much money as I can

I like the cookie one too where they're in the car and disappear one by one. Almost makes me feel bad for eating cookies. Almost.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I'm sure a lot of people won't agree with me, but I love the Jenny McCarthy commercial for Weight Watchers. "I was hoping I had a 60 pound baby"

I haven't seen that one. I have read her books though... Very amusing

Premium Member
    I don't know if "love" is the right word for how this commercial makes me feel, but I stop whatever I'm doing and watch whenever it comes on. It's the Pedigree dog food Adoption Drive commercial where they show the dogs in their cages at a shelter. The narrator says, "I know how to sit, how to fetch, and how to roll over. What I don't know is, how I ended up... in here. But, I know that I am a good dog, and I just want to go home." They go on to say that when you buy Pedigree dog food they make a donation to help shelter dogs find homes. I get a little teary every time I see it.

I do love their catch phrase though, "Dogs Rule."
    Last edited by Marleybone; 01-30-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Marley, that's the one I mentioned a page or 2 back.
    Oh that commercial STILL gets me every time *sniff*
    They couldn't have picked anyone better to voice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2220936;
    I don't know if "love" is the right word for how this commercial makes me feel, but I stop whatever I'm doing and watch whenever it comes on. It's the Pedigree dog food Adoption Drive commercial where they show the dogs in their cages at a shelter. The narrator says, "I know how to sit, how to fetch, and how to roll over. What I don't know is, how I ended up... in here. But, I know that I am a good dog, and I just want to go home." They go on to say that when you buy Pedigree dog food they make a donation to help shelter dogs find homes. I get a little teary every time I see it.

I do love their catch phrase though, "Dogs Rule."
    oh man that commercial makes me choke up every time I see it.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2216282;
    Another commercial that I love, because it totally makes me cry is: The Pedigree dog food commercial with David Duchovny doing the voice over for the dogs in the pound. And he says "I know how to sit, I know how to fetch and how to roll over... What I don't know, is how I ended up here. But I know I am a good dog, and I just want to go home"

http://www.pedigree.com/dogadoption/commercial.asp
    Damn you, ClosetNerd. I've never seen that commercial before but it sure gets you in the heart, doesn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan
    One of my current favorites is the cell phone commercial with the family around the dinner table. The dad is texting the son and daughter to pass him the food and he's laughing like a big goof who thinks he's so cool now that he has text messaging. The kids of course think he's a total dork. And then the wife says to him, "Give it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    I like the cell phone commercial with a father reviewing with his kids what they got for Christmas. The kids each got some fancy cell phone, and dear old dad says, "And what did I get?" Kids: "Aftershave " "No, Dad got hosed." In as much as Dad has a full beard, I'm inclined to agree with him.
    I like both of these cell phone commercials too.

+ Reply to Thread