+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

This commercial probably just plays in Canada. Its for a new SUV. A Newfie salesman is pitching the vehicle to another guy. He's speaking with a thick Newfoundland accent and using words and phrases that are very uncommon to the rest of the country and unusual for selling a vehicle. The customer answers back in Newfie with English subtitles.

There's great phrases. It just goes so fast I can never get the entire dialogue. Stuff like this:

"Me mother always said if you got one line you can always use two hooks!"
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I really like the Staples commercial where the office guy is too cheap to buy a copier machine, so he has a "copy cat" -- a little cat that sits there and "paints" the pie charts etc. It just cracks me up every time I see it. The cat's pretty darned cute.

I laughed so hard when I saw Scruffy coming back alive after mom sprayed something new that she got from using Yahoo! site.

Did anyone know what I'm talking about? I sure hope so!
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo View Post
    I laughed so hard when I saw Scruffy coming back alive after mom sprayed something new that she got from using Yahoo! site.

Did anyone know what I'm talking about? I sure hope so!
    Yes! I see this one all the time. The first spot shows her using some sort of garden product and it kills all her plants. Then she uses the one recommended by Yahoo (or whatever) and it makes everything come to life, including the family dog that's buried in the backyard! Pretty funny!

Scruffy coming back to life is funny.

I just saw a funny Kmart halloween commercial. The father and son are trick or treating with the son in his constume. They come upon a seriously decorated haunted house. The son tells the dad to go and the dad tells the son to go. The son says, "Your the parent." The dad responds with, "Your Superman."

Christmas commercials are here!

I like the new Frank and Gordon - Bell Telephone - ones!! Silly ol' beavers!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I actually hate this commercial but the stupid Geico commercials with the caveman. The first 2 were cute but now they're getting ridiculous. As far as a commercial that I love...I'd have to say I love the new one that's a spoof off A Christmas Story where the kid who's supposed to be Ralphie wants a cell phone and his mom says (Instead of "You'll shoot your eye out") "You'll run the bill up.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

We're suckers for cute animals in an ad.

Hubby loves the one about the spot cleaner where the doggie day care lady's reading to the dogs. Mr. Jiggles wets the carpet and later is proud when it's cleaned up. It's kind of cute.

Then there's the doggie summer camp one, where the pup sings "Ain't No Bugs On Me" (flea collar ad). And, hubby loves the one where the dog and cat go looking for the litter box (cat litter ad).

I don't have the heart to tell him the last two are probably animatronics/CGI.

I still get a good laugh from the Geico commercial with the two squirrels high fiving each other after the car screechs out of the way.

The only Geico commercials I really like are the ones with the Gecco.
    I will always love the "Aflaaaaaaac" ads as much as I can't stand Gilbert Godfried (who does the duck's voice)
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread